Introducing Voice Search Experience at Booking.com
- The author demonstrates the showcase of introducing a voice search experience at one of the global online travel companies – Booking.com.
- The article leads us through every stage of shipping a product using machine learning and a new UX and interaction:
- A product discovery process for user requirements led to the initial step in creating conversational interaction and prioritizing MVP features.
- After that, the team matched the list of software and algorithmic parts to either already-existing or yet-to-be-built capabilities.
- The next step is to establish a taxonomy of relevant user journeys and intents (actions we should support and map to the appropriate app screens and inputs).
- The design and initial interface for the app’s home screen were created as the final step to enable users to conduct any post-booking or search action using voice commands.
- There is always room for improvement when introducing an innovative experience. Constant work in research and development is a key to a smoother and more individualized experience through a better understanding of intents.
Share:Introducing Voice Search Experience at Booking.com
- December 28, 2022
7 min read