Must-Attend Sessions for UX Professionals at ConvCon West 2012
UX is integral to conversion rate optimization. After all, you cannot expect visitors to convert into leads or customers if your website does not provide good experiences. So it comes as no surprise that UX figures prominently in the upcoming Conversion Conference West 2012, March 5th to 6th in San Francisco.
Take a look at the topics and speakers for ConvCon’s keynotes and you can’t miss the UX emphasis. For instance, Jared Spool of User Interface Engineering (UIE) will be talking about “Mobile & UX: Inside the Eye of the Perfect Storm.” Spool is a well-known and respected figure in the UX community, and is the author of Web Site Usability: A Designer's Guide and co-author of Web Anatomy: Interaction Design Frameworks that Work.
Also speaking at ConvCon will be Steve Krug, who will be delivering a keynote on “The Single Best Thing You Can Do to Improve Your Website.” Krug is the author of Don't Make Me Think and Rocket Surgery Made Easy, which are staple reading for everyone in UX and related fields.
Even some of the non-UX presentations, such as those by persuasion expert BJ Fogg and neuromarketing missionary Roger Dooley, have something to offer in terms of gaining a deeper understanding of end-user motivation and behaviors.
As for the sessions, here are the topics and speakers we expect to provide good takeaways on user-centered design principles:
- Designing from Inside the User's Head by Sandra Niehaus, VP User Experience & Creative Director, Closed Loop Marketing & Sara Sturtevant, UX Design Manager, Closed Loop Marketing, 10:15-11:00 AM
- Biggest Usability Mistakes That You're Probably Making by Darrell Benatar, co-founder and CEO, UserTesting.com, 11:15-12:00 NN
- B2B: It's Just like B2C, Only for Businesses by Kevin Lindsay, B2B Marketing Optimization, Adobe, and Carrie Rushing, Director, Analytics and Optimization, NetApp, 1:15-2:00 PM
- Rapid Fire: Lessons Learned from 30,000 Conversion Tests by Dan Siroker, CEO, Optimizely, 2:15-3:00 PM
- What Have E-tailers Learned from Retailers? Absolutely Nothing! by John Ekman, Chief Conversionista, Conversionista! 2:15-3:00 PM
- Going Global: Cultural Drivers to Conversion by Joe Doveton, Head of Client Services, GlobalMaxer/Oban Multilingual, 2:15-3:00 PM
- What's Inside: How Use Case Analytics Taught Intel About Ots Customers and Their Needs by Allison Hartsoe, Semphonic, and Denise Modar, Intel, 10:15-11:00 AM
- How California Closets Boosted Revenues with Segmentation, Analytics and Human Behavior by Jeff Eckman, Founder & CEO, Big Giant Conversions, and Ginny Snook Scott, Vice President Sales & Marketing, California Closets, 11:15-12:00 PM
- Case Study Overload: The How, What and Why of Conversion Testing by Chris Goward, CEO, WiderFunnel Marketing Optimization, 1:15-2:00 PM
Meet with UX Magazine at ConvCon
I will be attending both days of ConvCon representing UX Magazine. I’d love to meet up with conference speakers and attendees, as well as UX Magazine readers, contributors, and anyone else who’s in the vicinity in San Francisco. To make arrangements ahead of time to meet with me, please email email@example.com. During the conference on the 5th and 6th of March, you can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or send me a tweet @JeremiahLee. Hope to see you there!
Discounted Tickets Available to UX Magazine Readers
If you’re a UX professional whose job is to create user experiences that convert, then you shouldn’t miss these two days of interactive learning at the Conversion Conference West 2012. Interested in attending? ConvCon has offered a special discount for UX Magazine readers, so if you register before March 2 using this link, you’ll get a $300 discount on a conference pass off the price you'd pay onsite.