This course will teach you how to program in the Java Programming Language, focusing on Java concepts that you will need in order to develop Android apps.
Many of the topics include on-line labs with a novel automated tutor that has been university course tested and shown to significantly improve student learning. All of the exercises can be completed on the web, so you don't have to do any installations. The Eclipse IDE is introduced so if you prefer, you can install the professional tools you will need for Java and Android development.
Automated testing with JUnit is included along the way, with a special emphasis on test-driven development.
This course introduces Android briefly through three simple Android apps and lab exercises, and it is designed to get you ready to take a professional Android course.
Still not sure? Check out the free lecture in Chapter 12: Arrays.
Table Of Contents
- Over 100 lectures and 8 hours of content!
- Java data types
- Control structures (if-then-else, loops)
- Automated testing with JUnit
- Inheritance, Interfaces, Polymorphism
- Arrays and ArrayLists
- Introduction to Android
- Great course for beginners from a soft spoken master!This course was great! Although I dabbled in programming a while back, I wasn't to confident that I could pick back up. This course is just what I needed and I wish I found it when I first started programming.
- one stop shop for java and andriodThis is one of the few courses that has training labs in which get to practice that you have just learned. One of the best java lessons. The focus of the course is more on java then android. The one thing i enjoyed most was "Class Examples in Apps", this idea of show how java classes used in real Apps was excellent.
- 100% RecomendadoBuenisimo curso! Recomendado 100%, cubre lo escencial para iniciarse con Android, me ayudo mucho para recordar cosas que ya habia visto en Java que por otros motivos deje de aplicarme con ese Lenguaje. Todo muy bien, calidad de videos, audio, la plataforma para los ejercicios es muy buena, etc. Animense no se arrepentiran !!! :) Thanks David Janzen !!
- Good course, well put togetherPretty good. Covers a lot of Java basics and presents some good examples, labs, etc. Great for a Java beginner.
- Best Learning ResourcesThe information are so crisp and straight to the point. Lots of examples and lots of activities for practising. The best training resources I have ever come across. Looking forward to this type of training on C programming. Keep it up, David.
- Very well presentedI started programming in C, then PHP, and now use Ruby primarily. Diving into Java has proven to be a bit overwhelming due to it's lower level nature (similar to C), however I must say that David's presentation of the language is clear presented, and easy to follow and understand.
- Excellent CourseDavid Janzen does a great job of explaining the basics of Java and tying that into the basics of Android app creation. Not particularly easy subjects, but Mr. Janzen's engaging approach covers each topic thoroughly. Highly recommended. I'd definitely be interested in a more advanced course for Java, one that takes up where this one ended.
- How long do I have access to the course materials?You can view and review the lecture materials indefinitely, like an on-demand channel.
- What is the refund policy on the course?We like to keep our users happy, so we have a 30-day no questions asked refund policy. Send an email to email@example.com for refund requests.
- Can I take my courses with me wherever I go?Definitely! If you have an internet connection, courses on Udemy are available on any device at any time. If you don't have an internet connection, some instructors also let their students download course lectures. That's up to the instructor though, so make sure you get on their good side!