This course will teach you how to program in the Java Programming Language, focusing on Java concepts that you will need in order to develop Android apps.
Many of the topics include on-line labs with a novel automated tutor that has been university course tested and shown to significantly improve student learning. All of the exercises can be completed on the web, so you don't have to do any installations. The Eclipse IDE is introduced so if you prefer, you can install the professional tools you will need for Java and Android development.
Automated testing with JUnit is included along the way, with a special emphasis on test-driven development.
This course introduces Android briefly through three simple Android apps and lab exercises, and it is designed to get you ready to take a professional Android course.
Still not sure? Check out the free lecture in Chapter 12: Arrays.
Table Of Contents
- Over 100 lectures and 8 hours of content!
- Java data types
- Control structures (if-then-else, loops)
- Automated testing with JUnit
- Inheritance, Interfaces, Polymorphism
- Arrays and ArrayLists
- Introduction to Android
- How long do I have access to the course materials?You can view and review the lecture materials indefinitely, like an on-demand channel.
- What is the refund policy on the course?We like to keep our users happy, so we have a 30-day no questions asked refund policy. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for refund requests.
- Can I take my courses with me wherever I go?Definitely! If you have an internet connection, courses on Udemy are available on any device at any time. If you don't have an internet connection, some instructors also let their students download course lectures. That's up to the instructor though, so make sure you get on their good side!