Because it starts from the first principles of HTML, you need no prior knowledge of the subject, since the course begins with a thorough introduction to HTML (which skilled users can skip), before moving onto what's new in HTML5.
HTML5 is the latest version of the Web's bedrock markup language, HTML. But it has come to stand for much more than the average, slow-moving technical standard. HTML5 is intended to make web sites behave more like conventional desktop applications, incorporating video, complex interactions and data as well as greater compatibility with mobile devices.
Something in the last 18 months kicked the HTML5 adoption machine into overdrive. Maybe it was Apple and Microsoft joining hands and dubbing it the future of the web (who knew it could happen?!). Maybe it was Google's launch of the Chrome Web Store, with its focus on HTML5 (get your angry birds fix in a 15 inch screen!). Maybe it was the HTML5-friendly (or shall I say Flash-unfriendly) iPad's meteoric sales. Whatever it was, a recent wave of web apps from huge technology giants confirms that this much-hyped language has business' blessing.
But where do you come in? As HTML5 becomes more and more popular, other web development solutions become less and less prevalent. In a few short years, either you'll be coding in HTML5 or you'll be working on IE 6 (good luck with that one!). On the flipside, develop a few HTML5 pages now and you'll become a guru, be the envy of your peers, and will be building websites that work on PC, Mac, iPhone, Android, Firefox, Chrome, the iPad, and any other device or browser you can think of.
So what are you waiting for? Grab this HTML5 crash course for beginners and start learning the future, today!
Table Of Contents
- Over 46 lectures and 7.5 hours of content!
- 15 lectures introducing HTML for newcomers
- 15 lectures on accessing the HTML5 canvas for drawing
- 6 lectures on using geolocation, local storage & advanced forms
- 4 lectures on embedding HTML5 audio & video
- 2 lectures introducing microdata, web workers and offline web apps
- and much more..
- How long do I have access to the course materials?You can view and review the lecture materials indefinitely, like an on-demand channel.
- What is the refund policy on the course?We like to keep our users happy, so we have a 30-day no questions asked refund policy. Send an email to email@example.com for refund requests.
- Can I take my courses with me wherever I go?Definitely! If you have an internet connection, courses on Udemy are available on any device at any time. If you don't have an internet connection, some instructors also let their students download course lectures. That's up to the instructor though, so make sure you get on their good side!