by Amir Khella
A crash course on designing and testing interactive user interfaces using Apple Keynote or Microsoft Powerpoint + Keynotopia User Interface Libraries.
Topics include:how to define and plan the user experience how to integrate wireframing/prototyping into the product lifecycle how to decide the level of fidelity and details of prototypes how to test with users how to iterate user feedback how to move from prototyping to production
Table Of Contents
- Over 16 lectures and 8 hours of content!
- Incomplete titleThe title of this course should include "...with Purchase of my Keynotopia Template". Don't get me wrong, if you want to purchase the templates this is probably a great way to learn to use them. For anyone not intending to purchase the instructors templates there are a few interesting bits of information as well, but maybe not worth going through the whole course for. Hey, it's a free course though - but with an appropriate disclaimer or title it would certainly deserve a higher rating.
- Videos aren't working/Software being promotedThe title says how to prototype in 30 minutes or less but it should really say how to use Keynoteopia in 30 minutes or less. Also, I stopped after Lecture 1 because the videos from Lecture 2 and beyond don't work. Thankfully this course is free.
- Looks more like a salespitch than a courseI have only gone in Lecture 1, cant rate the course as a whole, but it seems to be a sales pitch, more than a course.
- Keynote PrototypeWhile I agree with the prototype ideas, the course places too much emphasis on strong Keynote features. Don't bother if you are a heavy PowerPoint user...
- low quality vidsyoutube, bad mic
- I made a prototype in 2 hoursUsing the techniques explained in the course, I was able to do something I'd been putting off for a long time. :)
- Lots of good detailThis course is, first and foremost, a promo/supplement to Amir Khella's Keynotopia prototyping product. That said, he provides some great segments on how to build prototypes, along with some solid, detailed theory on why to build them as well.
- Great CourseIt's a great course with a lot of practical information. Thank you very much!
- eretert ett etr
- How to Prototype Web and Mobile Apps in 30 MinutesPrototype Web and Mobile
- Prototyping Web & Mobile Apps with Keynote & PowerPointThis course was easy to understand and I could see the advantages of using it and how easy it would be to use. Great information for anyone thinking about making mobile apps or web apps.
- Yes, of course. Why didn't I think of that?I was very excited to come across this course. We are at the prototype phase of a major iOS product for the entertainment industry and needed a good (and easy) way to communicate with our programmers and our customer base just what the interface will look like and how the suite of apps will work together. As a long time Mac-snob and Keynote user, this concept was a slam dunk! If we could make one request, it would be to show more visual examples of the simulated functions. It would be additionally helpful to see more functions in action. That said, we purchased the author's templates and found some others online. This is allowing us to complete the prototype process in record time and with previously unheard of ease. Thank you...well done!
- Very well organized. I'm going to purchase Keynotopia
- Should state more clearly that although instructive, it's a promotional video...
- How long do I have access to the course materials?You can view and review the lecture materials indefinitely, like an on-demand channel.
- Can I take my courses with me wherever I go?Definitely! If you have an internet connection, courses on Udemy are available on any device at any time. If you don't have an internet connection, some instructors also let their students download course lectures. That's up to the instructor though, so make sure you get on their good side!
Most Popular UX Seminars
Design products that fit your audience & match what they want. Design better products by using personas & scenarios. - Susan Weinschenk
In Part II of this C# course, you'll learn the basics of C# and .Net programming. - Pearson
5 lectures from top founders and CEOs. Get social media training for your business! - Dan Martell
Learn how to make apps for you and your business with out any programming - John Bura
Dominic Orr, CEO of Aruba Networks, describes his experience applying the HP way to a startup environment. Orr speaks ab - Dominic Orr
Expert advice on making 3D models, textures, animations & levels using industry standard software - Jayesh Ranavaya
7 lectures from top founders and CEO's about how to hire for your startup! - Startup University
Learn the art of SEO and Web Marketing. SEO expert shows you the techniques needed to boost your sales - Infinite Skills
Get an overview of the What, Why and How of web and ecommerce user experience design and find out how to learn more. - Dr. Deborah J. Mayhew