You'll learn what you need to know about people, how they think, decide, remember, and what motivates them. You'll learn how to apply psychology to the design of websites, apps, and products so that they are engaging in this design inspiration course.
You'll learn what to do so that people are more likely to take the action you want them to take -- use your product, register at your website, make a purchase, and so on.
You'll learn about the need to belong and how to use ideas such as social validation, reciprocity, and trust to engage your target audience. You'll learn what make ideas and websites go viral.
You'll learn about instincts and how to use automatic reactions to sex, danger, and the fear of loss to lead people to take an action in this design inspiration course.
You'll learn what psychologists know about memory, reading, and vision and how to use this information to grab and hold attention and direct behavior.
You'll learn why stories are so engaging, and how to use them.
You'll learn how to work with the self-stories that people tell themselves in order to get people to try something new.
You'll learn about how mentioning money or death changes behavior, how many choices people can handle, about the special part of the brain that is sensitive to faces and how to keep it engaged in this design inspiration course .
You'll learn about how to use the desire for mastery and intrinsic motivation to encourage people to take certain actions.
And much much more!
The instructor is Susan Weinschenk. Susan has a Ph.D. in Psychology, and 30 years of experience applying psychology to the design of software, websites, apps, and technology products. She's the author of How to Get People to Do Stuff, and 100 Things Every Designer Needs to Know About People.
The Design Inspiration course has quizzes and exercises so you can practice what you are learning.
Table Of Contents
- Over 83 lectures and 4.5 hours of content!
- Learn the psychology that applies to behavior when people use websites, apps or other technology products
- Learn how to create a more engaging design using these psychology principles
- Learn what really motivates people to take action
- How long do I have access to the course materials?You can view and review the lecture materials indefinitely, like an on-demand channel.
- What is the refund policy on the course?We like to keep our users happy, so we have a 30-day no questions asked refund policy. Send an email to email@example.com for refund requests.
- Can I take my courses with me wherever I go?Definitely! If you have an internet connection, courses on Udemy are available on any device at any time. If you don't have an internet connection, some instructors also let their students download course lectures. That's up to the instructor though, so make sure you get on their good side!