Where would we be without the games? Angry Birds, Cut The Rope, Peggle? Each one is as unique as they come, but they're tied together to one simple principle: Cocos2d can make them. Cocos2d is the leading, open-source, royalty-free smartphone game engine. It's easy to use, community-supported, reliable, mature, and over 1500 mobile iOS games have been published using it!
Why is Cocos2D so easy to use? Because you can play a sound effect, animate a flipping sprite, flash some rad custom font, all with just a couple lines of simple, pure Objective C code. No knowledge of OpenGL is required! Rotating, mirroring, parallaxing, scaling, tinting, sliding, jumping, and a Halloween-sackful of other effects are quickly at your fingertips.
In his course, Marin Todorov takes a hands-on approach and walks you step-by-step through the process of building a complete game! After building this game, you'll have all the coding knowledge you need to create the next gaming hit in the App Store!
Table Of Contents
- Over 18 lectures and 7 hours of content!
- Install and include Cocos2d for iPhone in your projects
- Understand scene workflow in Cocos2d
- Work with scene transitions
- Put image sprites on the screen and manipulate their properties
- Run animations and actions on your sprites
- Chain and run simultaneously different actions
- Build menus in Cocos2d
- Plan and design a simple game
- Develop simple games
- and much more..
- How long do I have access to the course materials?You can view and review the lecture materials indefinitely, like an on-demand channel.
- What is the refund policy on the course?We like to keep our users happy, so we have a 30-day no questions asked refund policy. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for refund requests.
- Can I take my courses with me wherever I go?Definitely! If you have an internet connection, courses on Udemy are available on any device at any time. If you don't have an internet connection, some instructors also let their students download course lectures. That's up to the instructor though, so make sure you get on their good side!