This course is broadly about a field I call “behavior engineering”, a topic at the intersection of psychology, technology, and business. Behavior engineering encompasses user experience design, behavioral economics, and a dash of neuroscience.
In an online world of ever-increasing distractions, habits matter. In fact, the economic value of web businesses increasingly depends on the strength of the habitual behavior of their users. These habits ultimately will be a deciding factor in what separates startup winners and losers.
So, if you are a frustrated creator, this introductory course is for you! My hope is that you will takeaway some of the key understandings around habit-forming technology so you can 1) better understand your own behavior and 2) help you build stuff to help us all.
Table Of Contents
- Over 7 lectures and 3.5 hours of content!
- Simple and InsightfulA very good use of time to quickly show the importance of behavior as an integral part of product development in technology.
- Behavior EngineeringsFoggs Behaviour Model...simple, yet effective and surprisingly common sense.
- Great infoGreat info on this course on how to create strong products that sell themselves.
- Behavior ---> DesignThe lecture gave me a new perspective to think, in terms of how B=m.a.t is the foundation of every single action performed by a user. Also, it made me aware of the fact that some companies do start off as a Vitamin and grow towards a Painkiller. This notion of thinking has triggered a few thought in my mind. Overall, it was a unique way of seeing through patterns and was well presented.
- Very Informative, a must for everyone :-) Thanks
- How long do I have access to the course materials?You can view and review the lecture materials indefinitely, like an on-demand channel.
- Can I take my courses with me wherever I go?Definitely! If you have an internet connection, courses on Udemy are available on any device at any time. If you don't have an internet connection, some instructors also let their students download course lectures. That's up to the instructor though, so make sure you get on their good side!