This position will help lead projects from idea to prototype to product with cross functional teams that include product management, development and scrum team. The Interaction Designer will translate discussions and requirements into designs for web and smart phone application interfaces. The Interaction Designer will also support the development team during the Agile scrum process to ensure the designs are implemented according to specifics.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Involvement in every aspect of the product development process, from ideation of new features, creation of designs and ensuring proper implementation of the designs.
- Design user interfaces using participatory and iterative design techniques, including observational studies, customer interviews, usability testing, and other forms of requirements discovery
- Create artifacts to visually communicate designs and user interaction
- Create designs, icons and layouts that adhere to established interaction and visual patterns
- Acquire and develop understanding of the customer’s needs, the company’s products and the business goals and initiatives of the company.
- Create visual specifications to enable developers to accurately translate to the product
- Collaborate with members of other disciplines to ensure that design specifications are implemented in order to meet users’ needs.
- Conduct design review with internal teams, translating discussions and requirements into leading application designs and layouts.
- Attend and collect feedback at trade shows, annual client conference and other industry sponsored events
Knowledge and Skill:
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 – 4 years’ experience designing web and mobile applications
- Proven track record designing and releasing successful user experiences for multiple device types and contexts
- Working knowledge and experience with mobile and web interaction design standards and technologies (iOW, Android, Windows 8, HTML5, CSS, jQuery, etc.)
- Experience with Sketch, Adobe CS, OmniGraffle, Axure, InDesign, Invision, etc.
- Strong attention to detail and a drive for quality and innovation
- Ability to collaborate effectively and work as part of a team
- Passion for the user and for creating an extraordinary customer experience
- Ability and willingness to travel for up to 20% of work assignments.
Apply now to CRi's Interactive Designer position!
Unforunately we are unable to provided sponsorship at this time.