Workplace Mental Health: Trends, Research, Consequences and Opportunities
Why has workplace mental health has risen to the top of the agenda? The seminar explores stress trends, recent reports and research, consequences for organisations and opportunities for professionals.
Workplace Mental Health: Trends, Research, Consequences and Opportunities.In this networking event and seminar, Alan Bradshaw sets the scene for workplace mental health week. He explores the reasons why workplace mental health has now risen to the top of the agenda.
Topics discussed include:
- The numerous and disturbing 'stress trends'. which have resulted in an unhealthy work-life balance and poor mental health at work. (This will include discussion of non-work stress trends having an impact at work.)
- The costs - human, organisational, societal, economic - and how we can measure these in workplaces.
- Game-changing reports including "Good Work: The Taylor Review of Modern Working Practices" and the Stevenson-Palmer report: "Thriving at Work", including a look at the challenging consequences for policy and practice.
- Recent and current research programmes, including free tools and resources you can use to make a difference (and where you can find them!).
- The rapidly evolving market for workplace mental health services and the implications for professionals, consultants and service providers (such as Occupational Health and Employee Assistance Programmes).
There will be ample opportunity for networking at this event, with a networking lunch before the start of the seminar. If you want to come along for the whole day, please also book on the free Welcome to Workplace Mental Health Week event, which starts at 10.30 on the same day.
12.30 Networking Lunch.
13.45 Seminar begins (there will be a break at approx 15.00).
16.00 Seminar ends (there will be a Q&A session before the close).
About the presenter:
Business psychologist, Alan Bradshaw, is an expert in workplace mental health and stress. Alan provides training and consultancy to some of the UK's best known organisations. He also provides strategic advice to boards as a trustee and non-executive director.
Venue Details: The British Psychological Society, London Office, London EC2A 4UE, United Kingdom.
Time: 12:30 pm - 4:00 pm.
Category: Classes / Courses | Professional Training | Meetup & Networking.
Sub-Categories: Conferences | Health | Wellness.
Artist / Speaker: Alan Bradshaw.
Seminar including networking lunch (starts 12.30): GBP 80.00,
Seminar only (starts 13.45): GBP 60.00.