We are looking for a highly creative and motivated UX Designer to join our UX and Product team. As UX Designer you will use your design skills to create meaningful and memorable experiences that delight the customers and drive profit to the business. You’ll work closely with other UX Designers, the UX Team Leads, the Head of UX Design and the UX Research team while collaborating with Visual Designers, Product Owners and various other stakeholders.
Create engaging, easy-to-use mobile web and desktop design solutions that address business and user needs
- Leverage research insights (both qualitative and quantitative), trends, and best practices to recommend and influence the product experience. Connect design decisions to desired business goals and outcomes.
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product team
- Participate in user research activities and usability studies to be able to iterate design solutions based on customer data.
- Lead and facilitate brainstorming sessions and workshops with multi-disciplinary teams during early stages of product ideation.
- Embrace collaborative approaches to design. Work closely with product management, user research and engineers throughout design, development and implementation cycles.
- Produce concept models, journey maps, interaction flows, wireframes, interactive prototypes and UI mock-ups.
- Produce pixel-perfect production assets and design specifications and work with engineers to implement design solutions.
- Present your design work to peers and partners with exceptional presentation, communication, and negotiation skills. Be a leader both inside the UX group as well as within a product team.
- Understand the brands, aesthetic, and differentiators – become a brand steward in everything you contribute
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise the bar for quality.
- Help cultivate a strong design culture within the UX team through organizing opportunities for skills sharing and/or developing thought leadership within the UX community through teaching and speaking opportunities.
- Drive UX vision in alignment with product roadmaps.
- Professional UX design experience as a key member of a UX team participating in the product development lifecycle of several successfully delivered web, mobile and/or software applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in design, related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Solid knowledge of Sketch or Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator.
- Demonstrated experience using analytics data to inform design decisions
- Demonstrated experience on doing usability testing and design research activities or collaborating with a UX research team.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to speak to and defend your decision making yet be able to have open, direct and respectful conversations to ensure the best possible design solutions are reached.
- Excellent attention to detail; a demonstrated experience of interaction design, typography, color, and page layout.
- English speaker with good written, verbal, and presentation abilities.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Understanding of complex e-commerce businesses, preferably with travel industry experience.