Senior User Researcher -- Walmart ECommerce
At WalmartLabs, our customers are at the center of all our design efforts, and user experience research is one way we observe and listen to our customers to make sure we are designing the best experience for their needs. We look to the Senior User Experience Researcher to represent the perspective of the user and help lead our user insight strategy.User Experience Researchers help transform complex problems into easy-to-use designs for our millions of customers around the world. To do this you’ll use your knowledge of the UX process in collaboration with other researchers, designers, content strategists, architects, product managers and engineers.A seasoned veteran, you are an expert in qualitative research methods and are able to work in a fast-moving organization. You put a lot of thought into figuring out how to best address your research goals or questions so your partners don’t have to. You translate insight into action. You play a critical role in helping teams understand customer needs, attitudes, and behaviors and help them translate that into design. The data you collect informs both strategic and tactical efforts.You can work without close supervision but you seek out and welcome feedback from senior UX leaders and managers. When you’re presented with a design or business problem, you think of multiple research approaches to help figure out how to make the experience easier and more delightful for our customer – and you’re excited to tell us about them.Skills You’ll Have:
- Ability to plan, conduct, analyze and report out on a broad range of user research studies, most importantly iterative and summative lab-based usability testing (in-person or remote), as well as field studies, participatory design, heuristic evaluations for designs, competitive testing, and beyond
- Ability to translate research insights and metrics, including research from other sources, into actionable recommendations that inform design and business strategy
- Ability to manage your time and deadlines, as well as the ability to adapt to the ever-changing priorities of the eCommerce business.
- Constant drive to stay up-to-date with the latest industry news and developments.
- Capability to adhere to team processes and standards, while contributing ideas for improvement.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently without sacrificing a consistently high level of attention to detail.
- Excellent presentation, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to collaborate with and understand the value of other research partners (site analytics, consumer insights) to synthesize and leverage existing data and coordinate research efforts
- Bachelor's Degree in Psychology, Anthropology, Human Factors, Cognitive Science, or related field and 4 years experience in consumer-based research design and analysis, user analytics, or related field OR 8 years experience in consumer-based research design and analysis, user analytics, or related field.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Master's Degree in Human Computer Interaction, Applied Statistics, Econometrics, Psychometrics, or related field.
- 2 years experience researching front-end user experience solutions for mobile applications on major smartphone platforms such as Android or iOS.
- 2 years experience conducting quantitative on-line research methodologies with systems such as UserZoom or Keynote.
- 2 years experience conducting field-based ethnographic research.
Location: San Bruno