Senior Director, User Research -- Walmart ECommerce
- Work in a high change environment, gathering both observed qualitative and quantitative study data to provide massive impact to the business.
- Drive collaboration across the team to create comprehensive and coordinated research strategies. Use multiple findings (both internal/external) to develop a holistic picture of the problem/opportunity
- Ability to drive the team in an agile environment to conduct rapid iterative usability testing and research to improve product designs early in the design cycle
- Passionately advocate for the end user by influencing decisions to ensure that product design and content strategy are aligned to user needs and expectations
- Leverage research findings to solve complex business challenges.
- Seek opportunities to raise awareness of user needs and perceptions – representing and evangelizing the team's charter across the entire business.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize results into actionable recommendations that inform product design and content strategy and execution
- 8+ years conducting user experience research and/or market research for web and mobile products – with an excellent command of both qualitative and quantitative methods
- BSc, Master preferred, in Human Factors/Human Computer Interaction, Cognitive or Experimental/Social Psychology, Cognitive Science or related field
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. The ability to influence outcomes through presentations and relationships.
- Self-confidence, flexibility and the ability to find clarity in ambiguous
- Expertise in ethnographic research methods, product and design research, and strong analytical ability
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Must be detail oriented with strong organization and process skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and under time constraints. Understanding of agile development process and methodologies.
- Demonstrated success translating research results into actionable recommendations
- Strong data analytics, market trends assessment and competitive analysis skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to quickly build rapport and establish credibility, thrives in collaborative work
- Passion for practical application of research findings
- Extremely strong communication skills and demonstrated success presenting research study results in a clear and compelling manner to cross-functional stakeholders that persuades action
- Ability to travel as needed