User Experience Front End Developer -- Waitrose
We’re looking for a User Experience Front End Developer to join our Waitrose Ecommerce team at our Bracknell Head Office. In this role, you will be responsible for informing all our UI and UX choices from a technical, hands-on perspective, and assist us acquiring, retaining and cultivating our digital customers through their interaction with our digital channels.
Some key tasks include:
- Working with various stakeholders to fully understand UI requirements, providing input as to how best achieve and exceed the expected results. Providing accurate timing estimates on work.
- Understanding the importance of User Experience, being well versed in fundamental visual and interactive design discipline.
- Working with stakeholders throughout the business to ensure that work is inline with expectations. Share the on-going work throughout the projects lifecycle.
- Coding pixel perfect prototypes/build kits, respecting coding standards and proposing new and engaging interactions that are mobile/tablet friendly and cross browser compatible.
- Working with all parties to support the delivery a User Centred Design process that is appropriate to Waitrose.
- Having an awareness of current trends particularly in regard to accessibility, usability, and emerging technologies, and keep team members informed as appropriate.
- Providing a weekly report to your line manager
So what skills and experience do you need?
Firstly, you must have expert knowledge of XHTML, HTML5, XML, CSS3 and Java, as well as in writing semantic and W3C valid code. You must have strong knowledge of jQuery, jQuery Mobile, Bootstrap, Sencha and other responsive/cross platform frameworks.
Finally, in order to really excel in this role, you will need to have excellent stakeholder management skills, be able to work to tight deadlines and prioritise and juggle requirements!
Salary: £51,000 – £66,300 plus excellent benefits
This role is subject to the following pre-employment screening: 3 year reference check