User Experience Designer -- Waitrose
We’re looking for a User Experience Designer to join our Waitrose Ecommerce team at our Bracknell Head Office. In this role you’ll drive the evolution of the User Experience and how we acquire, retain and continue to cultivate our digital customers through their interaction through our channels.
Some key tasks involve:
- Working with stakeholders to define and deliver the User Experience vision of Waitrose in line with our overall experience strategy.
- Implementing the findings of customer research throughout your output and help to set up and manage regular user testing sessions with external and internal parties.
- Working with stakeholders throughout the business to ensure that work is inline with expectations. Share the on-going work throughout the projects lifecycle
- Delivering a consistent level of world class user experience output: Visually in line with the brand values, in line with our defined experience guidelines, to the defined business needs and in line with the experience strategy.
- Working with all parties to deliver a User Centred Design process that is appropriate to Waitrose.
- Working with key stakeholders to feed back and input into the UX outputs.
- Where appropriate manage and motivate your team members to deliver the best possible work, on time and to brief.
- Having an awareness of User trends / new developments and communicating these back to the wider team members for use if appropriate.
- Providing a weekly report to your line manager
- Helping and guiding other team members to develop their own skills and career aspirations.
So what skills and experience do you need?
Firstly, you must have excellent working knowledge of the full Adobe Creative Suite (Fireworks, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and Flash), HTML and CSS. You must have a strong track record of user experience design output, and an excellent understanding of the User Centred Design process.
Finally, in order to really excel in this role, you will need to have excellent stakeholder management skills, be able to work to tight deadlines and prioritise and juggle requirements!
You know what? It’d be even better if you have working knowledge of wireframing and prototyping solutions (OmniGraffle, Axure, Balsamiq), as well as experience working in both an agency and client side.
Salary: £51,000 – £66,300 plus excellent benefits
This role is subject to the following pre-employment screening: 3 year reference check