UX UI Designer -- VMBC
UX/UI Android Designer for Disruptive Mobile and Web Innovation Team.
Are you seeking more than a job, rather a career opportunity where you have daily opportunities for greater contribution and accomplishment within a positive and inspired team environment? Does being part of a high performing team inspire you to raise the bar on your own contributions as well as those of your team members? Would you like to be a part of a progressive and people centric company culture that is just as unique, modern, and creative as the solutions it provides its clients?
If you are a strong contributor, are inspired to continually grow and develop, are self-aware, and able to contribute with passion and humility, this is a great opportunity for you. Our open position will allow you to advance your career and be a part of something very unique and satisfying in the fast growing mobile/cloud world.
Each of our team members embody these traits and together we humbly make decisions that positively impact the world. VMBC works hard to create a unique culture for its team. We care about making a difference, and not just in our employees’ lives or for our clients, but we care about making a difference in the world.
If you want to join a remarkable team and a visionary company who is actively seeking to better the world, then VMBC is the company for you.
This person will work hand in hand with our creative manager and will play a key role in building our UI/UX Android designs for our most important projects. The potential for growth is unlimited and we are actively searching for candidates who want to progress coinciding with our company. (Experience designing for Windows/Android required).
This position is located in our Executive Office in Aliso Viejo, CA.
- Work on design projects either independently or within a team according to an agreed design concept as directed by the project manager.
- Participate in defining the design brief and/or setting up the design concept to answer the brief for new multi-platform projects.
- Work directly with end users, technical teams and solution architects to create new and revise existing user interface experiences.
- Engage and inspire those around you, get them to think ‘outside of the wireframe’.
- Liaise with the design lead throughout the project phase to ensure that design work consistently answers the brief in terms of the look, feel and functionality of the presentation layer and that designs communicate the intended message and brand identity.
- Maintain regular contact with other design counterparts in own and other divisions to ensure a consistent approach to the design style and branding of the interactive output.
- Work with local and remote development teams to enhance existing designs and establish new UI/UX standards.
- Translate requirements, feature concepts, use cases and design challenges into site maps, user flows, user scenarios, wireframe schematics, prototypes and functional specification documents.
- Produce user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and final graphics.
- Perform metrics analysis to inform design/UX optimization.
- Present creative exploration internally and to clients.
- Develop design ideas and basic concepts into fully worked out design solutions for new projects.
- Research and prepare material in support of new design concepts and create working drawings, storyboards and layouts to evaluate and present these.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Conduct usability tests with end-users and lead stakeholders to validate and compare different design options.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Has on online portfolio complete with numerous Android designs.
- Has a natural curiosity for technology and its role in improving our world today.
- Has proven to surpass expectations, is excited to make an impact, and is looking for a challenge.
- Sees challenges as opportunities and has a natural ability to identify the most effective solution.
- Has a true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast-paced environment.
- Is driven to achieve success as a team and enjoys collaboration.
- Loves to create processes that make work easier and are more effective.
- Has the proven ability to deliver on-time while meeting goals.
- Understands the challenges of a startup environment and enjoys wearing many hats.
- Loves to think outside of the box.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3+ years’ experience in a similar role or equivalent.
- Strong self-awareness, emotional intelligence, self-starter, and inspirational.
- High level of initiative and drive.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experienced at developing effective plans and carrying out responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Spanish fluency is a plus.
- Technology industry experience is a plus.
- Great work environment.
- Competitive salary.
- Career plan and guided growth.
- Work with the latest technologies.
- Premium health care plan.
- 401k match – 6%.
- Flexible hours.
- Organic juicing delivered to your desk several times per week.
- Weekly Spanish lessons with a catered lunch.
- Being a part of an amazing and incredibly fun team. :)
How to Apply
If you have a record of success and good will, make sure you share that with us to help you stand out by including highlights in a cover letter with your resume. We get a great many applications and it is important that we know you are really interested in making an impact at our organization and that you understand what it means to deliver success. Send your resume and cover letter along with your salary expectations. See our website at www.vmbc.com for more information.