Are you a driven, passionate user interface designer who wants to make a difference in the lives of millions? Join our team and begin to immediately improve the educational achievement of students in math, science, and business. The right individual for this high-potential position will thrive in a fast-paced environment and push the limit on what’s possible.
What your background should resemble for this position:
- Bachelor's Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors Engineering, Information Architecture, Digital Design, or related field preferred. Or, Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Psychology, Anthropology, or related field acceptable in conjunction with a user experience/customer-centered design certificate. Master’s Degree or higher preferred.
- Experience in user interface design for complex web-based applications; experience designing educational systems a plus. Must be well versed in website information architecture and interfaces for database-driven, dynamic content.
- Expert in web and software usability principles, and up-to-date on current trends and advances in interface and functional design.
- Experience in creating low and high fidelity sketches, wireframes, clickable prototypes, site maps, and design documentation.
- Adept at writing user interface text and messages in clear and concise language, and tailoring writing to different audiences.
- Excellent communication skills, and ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of customers and staff.
- Proficient with UX wireframe and prototyping software (e.g. Axure, Fireworks, Photoshop, Illustrator); familiar with Snagit, Visio, XML, HTML, and CSS.
- Strong sense of modern, clean design and aesthetics that can be applied to create pixel perfect layouts.
- Excellent organizational and time/project management skills, as well as exceptional attention to detail and ability to manage multiple ongoing tasks. Must be able to maintain own work flow, produce results, and meet deadlines with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to conduct customer research, collect external/internal feedback, and synthesize results.
- Must be able to understand a target audience's needs and other motivating factors, and translate them into concepts for compelling interactions and experiences.
What you get to do:
- Lead key projects from ideation through implementation in conjunction with internal/external stakeholders.
- Work with product development teams to define new products and features, as well as to improve existing ones; ensure products/features have the proper scope and usability to achieve business goals.
- Maintain solid understanding of customer needs, business goals, and competitive pressures and the ability to convert those into product requirements and priorities.
- Conduct customer research, understand/define needs, outline actionable steps, implement design, and test for usability throughout the process.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and prepare all business/functional/user requirements for development.
- Develop low and high fidelity wireframes, clickable prototypes, site maps, and design documentation that incorporate all technical, editorial, and usability specifications of the project.
- Develop feedback plans and conduct user testing, including in-person, remote, moderated, and un-moderated formats.
- Apply graphic/visual design to interfaces, including creating icons, updating layouts, and enhancing displays; insure consistent application across products and features in line with ALEKS brand in each market.
ALEKS Corporation is a fast-growing educational technology development company in Irvine, CA that produces cutting edge web-based educational course products in math, science and business. As a creative, innovative thinker, you will be working with other dynamic business professionals who want to make a difference in the lives of students. ALEKS Corporation provides extraordinary working conditions, an excellent benefit package, and a collaborative atmosphere where your ideas will be welcome, heard, and implemented. Beginning salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. For more information about our products and the Company, please visit our website at www.aleks.com.
Are you excited from reading this job description? Does this ad describe you and offer a means for you to achieve the goals you want to accomplish in your career? Please apply – right now – we can’t wait to meet you!
ALEKS Corporation, located in Orange County, CA (Irvine), is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Under Federal law, ALEKS Corporation may employ only individuals who are legally authorized to work in the United States as established by providing documents specified in the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.