You love clients and getting to be that conduit for communication that feels like magic when something beautiful is created to solve a business need and meeting a user’s goal. You love working with other designers across a variety of different projects. You don’t shy away from difficult conversations and you love being a mentor.
You understand the principles of Lean UX, believe wholeheartedly in the scientific method, and just can't leave well enough alone. You constantly want to spread your knowledge with the rest of the team, but understand that there is no room for design heros and divas.
As a Mutual Mobile UX Lead, you’ll work in-depth with clients across a variety of verticals in both the consumer and enterprise space. Our projects are structured to excite you and push you outside your comfort zone. Your industry experience will be utilized to shape the future of Mutual Mobile’s UX team.
You’ll keep busy by:
- Leading work across 1 - 2 key accounts
- Defining projects in terms of scope, schedule and roadmap with other Account team leads
- Promoting and perfecting the integration of agile techniques into the design process
- Working with diverse teams to divide work and stay focused on the big picture
- Participating in Business Development pursuits and pitches
- Working to help define the design process
- Coaching and mentoring other designers to help them progress their career development
- Leading teams through user research tactics and ongoing usability testing
If you’ve got the following we want you:
- BS/BA in Design, HCI or related degree preferred
- +3 years of interactive, visual design experience
- Experience working with a Lean UX process in an agile environment
- Proven ability to apply interaction design principles to application development
- Knowledge of basic usability heuristics, relevant interaction design literature, and best practices for application user experience
- Ability to work autonomously under tight deadlines
- Experience managing teams in a cross-functional environment
- A passion for mentoring others
- Ability to skillfully navigate sensitive client conversations
- Strong written and verbal communication with skills to present your work and rationale to the team & clients
Not required, but awesome:
- 2 years as a UX Lead at a top digital agency or similar role
- Experience working in mobile
- Visual design skills (typography, illustration, layout)
Applicants must provide a portfolio (examples of mobile work is a plus, but not mandatory).