Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Under moderate supervision, works in collaboration with UX colleagues and must be comfortable working independently. The Sr. UX Specialist partners with a collaborative, cross-functional team to research, design and usability test digital experiences. This job does not manage others. This job works under moderate supervision: Incumbent performs standard and routine assignments independently to conclusion; unusual problems which may require exceptions to processes or procedures are referred to the supervisor.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities:
OAI-sys is the centralized infrastructure technology organization at Travelers. The OAI-sys User Experience (UX) team is looking for a Sr UX Specialist who will partner with a collaborative, cross-functional team to research, design and usability test digital experiences. This individual will work in collaboration with our UX colleagues and must be comfortable working independently.
- May serve as the key point of accountability for UX efforts at the project level. Advocates for user-centered design approaches.
- Practices and encourages collaboration, experimentation, agility, and vigorous inquiry, while maintaining high expectations and attention to detail.
- Provides input into the creation and evolution of design systems and best practices that account for user needs and context, while reinforcing brand values and standards.
- Ensures adherence to UX guidelines across projects.
- Informs UX resource allocation during ideation, prioritization, development, and quality assurance phases of projects.
- Plans and serves as facilitator or observer for UX research and testing efforts. Conducts competitive research and analysis. May report research findings to stakeholders. Translates these findings into design solutions.
- Creates artifacts that include personas, journey maps, user workflows, information architecture, wireframes, and interactive prototypes, within project timelines and budgets.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge:
Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Psychology, Human Factors, social sciences or a related field or 3 years of User Experience work experience required.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies:
Strong communication, organization, time management and interpersonal skills. Familiarity or basic understating of web-based technologies. Experience with wireframing/prototyping software. Experience in conducting end user research and interviews.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Statement:
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.