At This Place, we look for those who are smart, curious, humble, and fun. We have in common a strong empathy for the human condition, critical thinking, business acumen, entrepreneurial spirits, and a love for solving the most meaningful problems through design. We work best with people who have the ability to listen, to see value in other opinions, and who enjoy constant collaboration. If this sounds like you, and you believe that better digital experiences shape a better world, we’d love to hear from you.
KEY JOB TASKS:
- Work with the Strategy and Design teams to interview stakeholders, gather requirements, research user needs, conduct user testing, and determine necessary deliverables to drive and develop projects
- Assist in planning and leading workshops, research and testing sessions with stakeholders
- Be a competent and eloquent storyteller; Presenting of your work and perspective to internal and client teams.
- Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, click-throughs, and prototypes.
- Evaluate and flesh out product UX specs prior to implementation
- Contribute to development of best practices and standards at This Place across design and development.
Are your strengths on the visual side? Apply for our UI/UX position.
- 4-6 years experience in a design studio or start up environment
- A passion for research and user testing, with experience in both
- A solid understanding and demonstration of user-centered design principles
- Able to create believable personas and user journeys
- Able to gather requirements from clients and turn them in an actionable UX plan, to take an idea from a drawing through a detailed schematic
- An understanding and appreciation of development processes, technologies and techniques
- Experience working individually and as part of a team
- A portfolio that demonstrates designing for both responsive web and mobile (iOS & Android)
- Skills in Axure, Sketch or similar tools
- Self-starter who is driven, responsible, and loves working with a tight-knit team
- Able to think both logically and creatively
- Located within commuting distance of Seattle, WA (or willing to relocate)
- Willing to travel if and when required