We’re a design led software business with ambition. We believe business software should be as usable as consumer software. Our browser-based product has just been redesigned from the ground up and Sam, our Head of Design, needs you to help bring his UX strategy, design abstracts and UI layouts to life.
We've recently hired our fourth Front End Developer, enabling you to focus on design, producing a highly-polished UI and a sharp, modern aesthetic throughout our richly functional product.
You can can make an important and direct contribution from day one. This is a growing team with good professional development prospects, becoming our Lead UI Designer.
Above all, we're looking for someone who wants to help us create really usable software that has a high impact.
Upcoming projects include:
Scriptable automation & workflow system | approvals system & tools | annotation tools | a chat system | mobile apps | desktop syncing apps | a video clip editing tool | object, face and place tagging interfaces | mapping/geolocation interfaces | improvements to our design process workflows | < your idea here! >
We're looking for
- Diversity of thought, approach and excellent user empathy
- Enthusiasm for UI's and a clear understanding of what makes an interface easy to use
- Ability to do rapid prototyping, producing wireframes and diagrams
- Demonstrable fluency with tools like Sketch, Adobe Illustrator, SVG etc.
- Understanding of user-centred design principles and iterative design process
- Fluency with HTML and CSS, and a passing acquaintance with LESS or SASS
- Excellent collaboration skills, and competence working in a loosely structured organisation
- You may be considering mid or senior level UI design or IXD jobs in Cambridge such as: Interaction Designer | User Interface Designer | UI Designer | User Experience Designer | UX Designer | CSS Designer | Front End Designer | etc.
Salary and benefits
- £36,000 – £50,000+ negotiable
- Contributory pension scheme, childcare voucher scheme
- 25 days holiday | flexible hours | office based with occasional home working | bicycle and free car parking (car sharing is encouraged) | on site cafe | good coffee (and tea) | choice of high end workstation | an adorable Beagle to brighten the office
Third Light is a small, fast-expanding software company. We create products that simplify the organisation and management of digital media files. Our products are used by hundreds of organisations such as the United Nations and Oxford University, brands that include NASCAR, Fujitsu, and Virgin, and not-for-profits such as the Scouts and Guide Dogs. We employ integrity and intelligent thinking to provide well-designed, easy-to-use products. We're an equal opportunities employer.
Located: just outside Cambridge; on a cycle route, on the bus route, and commutable from Cambridge city centre, Bury St Edmunds, Ely, Huntingdon, Newmarket, Peterborough, Saffron Walden, St. Neots etc.