Safer Family is a social venture that will save thousands of lives each year. It will do this by motivating and then helping people to take easy and simple but proven steps to protect their families from common dangers.
We are looking for a user-experience designer responsible for taking existing app sketches and ideas, as well as conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, wireframes and prototypes. You will also design the overall functionality of the product and iterate upon it to ensure a great user experience. The right candidate will be an expert in both visual design and user experience design. He/she will have extensive experience in user signup screens, preferably someone who has studied winning apps like Uber, Facebook, Twitter, and SnapChat. We are building a world class app with the potential to save lives. We need a core team member that will stick with us through pre-launch and beta iterations and who is as committed to our cause as we are. We are also looking for someone with experience working on a team that included analytics and user behavior metrics.
- Translate concepts into wireframes and mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitate client’s product visions by researching, conceiving, wireframing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences for digital products.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
- Incorporate research into human behavior, psychology, motivation, sales, eCommerce, cause-related marketing, leadership, influence and online social behavior to create an organically viral, high converting application.
- Work according to Lean Startup principles.
- Pursue frequent market feedback, work to deadlines and manage scope creep.
- At least 5 years (preferably 10) of design experience on desktop web, mobile web, and phone/tablet app design experience and a track record of progressively improving work.
- Three or more years of UX design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments.
- If prior work experience, should have award winning apps or mobile web sites under their belt, with references to vouch for their work. For students, should have related research or university projects.
- Must have a basic understanding of the fundamental concepts, and recent research findings in the areas of human behavior, psychology, motivation, sales, eCommerce, cause-related marketing, leadership, influence and online social behavior, and organically viral, and high converting applications.
- Must be a self-starter who knows how to "get things done", overcome roadblocks, and work well in a team setting
- Must be a fast learner who can find answers to questions and come up to speed quickly in new areas.
- Must have a track record of quickly grasping complex app functionality and distilling it into elegant, beautiful, intuitive, fun, and engaging user experiences, as evidenced by a large number of highly satisfied customers or positive referrals.
- Must be a rigorous thinker who can justify design choices and back them up with beta and market feedback, research, and case studies.
- Must be well versed in the Lean Startup methodology
- Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to iterate your designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design.
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Be an ideal team player - humble, hungry, smart, a pleasure to work with. Be willing to help teammates, share knowledge and experience with them, and learn from them.
- Be trustworthy, punctual, impeccably honest, diligent, and industrious
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- Masters-level UX focus with additional cross-disciplinary focus in any of the following fields: human behavior, psychology, motivation, sales, eCommerce, cause-related marketing, leadership, influence and online social behavior, and organically viral, and high converting applications.
- Speak, read, and write English fluently
- Be a US citizen who works in a US Time zone, preferably US EST
- Love what they do and be somewhat obsessed with delighting customers
- Be able to communicate on Skype, GoTo Meeting, phone, text, and email, and have a fast and reliable internet and phone connection.
How to Apply
Please send your resume or CV and include the following:
- Portfolio of work, if available
- Professional or academic references
- Paragraph describing your focus or passion