If you are a senior, team-oriented UX professional with experience bringing consumer electronics to life with voice enablement, someone who is driven by a passion for great UX, who finds great joy in delivering clear, creative solutions that are pragmatically realized, and loved by users, we need you!
At Roku, you will be our expert on all things voice related, working directly with a wide range of partners and clients, bringing great experiences to life across mobile and TV UIs.
You will use your systems-thinking as well as your attention to details to focus our most innovative product ideas through the lens of the user, encouraging engineering, product teams and others to think, design and build products that will bring delight and utility to Roku fans, old and new.
We believe great design comes from fusing the art and science of design, but both are rarely found within a single individual. We prefer to create a team with some people specializing in the art of design and others in the science of design. If you are a designer who does not spend an entire day in Photoshop, then take heart… we need an interaction designer with expertise in the science of design; an individual who can channel his/her passion for user-centered design excellence to deliver solutions inspired by a deep understanding of people.
If our philosophy and working environment resonates with you, apply for this role! We’re a small team that’s highly experienced, at the table, and impactful; we’re eager to help you grow your career through involvement in exciting, impactful projects, brainstorms, and the camaraderie of a team that does great things.
Things you will do at Roku:
- Impact Roku’s setup experience across multiple platforms (web/mobile)
- Help Roku partners onboard their content on our platform and increase their efficiency
- Deliver products that span all project phases from concept and design to production and documentation (e.g., evaluations, task flows, scenarios, information architectures, interaction models, wireframes, storyboards, low-fidelity prototypes, specs, and guidelines)
- Clearly and concisely present, educate, justify, and analyze design concepts, solutions, and alternatives
- Create holistic solutions with reusable patterns to reduce / manage future work
- Represent and ensure UX integrity when collaborating with Product Managers, Engineers, and Marketing to address business, technology, and brand requirements
- Help improve Roku’s design culture (best practices, tools, deliverables, relationships, etc.).
Your Experience and Qualifications Include:
- 8+ years of interaction design experience
- Strong knowledge and experience with voice technologies
- Excellent knowledge of TV and home entertainment space, design, and products
- Solid interaction design foundation (UCD ideology, process, tools, deliverables) at every stage of a product design and development life cycle
- Deep user empathy and being a tireless champion of the end user
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and successfully juggle multiple, varying assignments from conception to completion in a fast-paced environment
- Strong project management skills with ability to define, plan, and lead projects
- Relevant Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD (Human Factors, HCI, Cognitive Science, Psychology, etc.).