Are you ready to take on the next biggest challenge in your career? Do you thrive in an entrepreneurial environment that delivers industry leading cloud applications? Oracle NetSuite is building a next-generation, ERP cloud suite that is powering some of the world’s highest growth medium sized companies. If you’re looking to share your unique perspective and ideas at a collaborative table and help equip all kinds of businesses achieve their visions, check us out.
We’re looking for a new member of our global Experience Design Team to work out of Kitchener location. Our team lives to bring delight to our enterprise software products, and you will too!
As a Senior User Experience Designer, you are a creative problem solver with a passion for providing innovative & engaging designs that are easy to use. Specifically, you’ll work with cross-functional teams of designers, developers & product managers to build a new vitality into our set of Financial products. Using a combination of best practice and innovation, you’ll help our team create a strong, best-in-class experience for our global customers.
You understand users. You design to solve problems. You see elegance and power in simple interactions. You can gather requirements, make decisions, present ideas, and work collaboratively to come up with viable solutions.
- Hands-on creative problem solving in a cloud-driven enterprise software system.
- Work with a multi-disciplined of designers, user researchers and product managers in a fast-paced, dynamic, agile environment, balancing business value, technology, user needs, and operational costs.
- Turn actionable user research & high level product requirements into high-quality design deliverables that communicate design solutions and facilitate discussion, including user flows & wireframes.
- Facilitate design sessions, and use iterative UX techniques to synthesize findings and feedback into an informed experience design.
- Make informed decisions: present design alternatives and effectively communicate rationale and trade-offs, and react quickly and confidently to any changes in project plans.
- Demonstrate a passion for iteration and eagerness to receive feedback, thoughtfully incorporating user, UX team member, developer & product manager responses into design revisions.
- Prioritize multiple projects of varying timelines, degrees of complexity and scope.
- Degree in Product Design, Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction or related field, or equivalent professional experience.
- Minimum 5 years working in the field of UX Design. Experience with “big data software” a huge plus.
- Online portfolio demonstrating your problem-solving ability: problem analysis, personas, scenarios, user journeys, sketches, wireframes, prototypes, task-flows or other relevant design artifacts.
- Analytical and strategic mindset. We privilege how you think over pixel-perfect visual design skills.
- Flexibility to work with geographically distributed teams
- Leadership abilities with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience working in Agile Development methodology is a plus.
- Experience in User Research and Usability Testing is an asset.
- Front end web design experience (HTML, CSS) is an asset.
As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job ID: 17000ETV