User Research Manager 1 -- Northrop Grumman
Do you want to solve interesting, challenging problems and lead the way in user research? As a User Experience (UX) Research Manager at Northrop Grumman you will define and shape user research across applications used in a variety of domains including air defense and intelligence. You will have a direct hand in shaping the mission critical tools our armed forces and analysts need.
As a User Experience (UX) Research Manager at Northrop Grumman you will oversee the planning, coordination and execution of user research across a range of programs and projects. You will be responsible for ensuring that your team is doing efficient, effective and purposeful work. You will be responsible for the performance and quality level of your team across their area of expertise and programs. Your will use your leadership skills to teach your team members how to spot, pursue and act upon user experience opportunities. You will also serve as a thought leader in the UX community and participate dynamically in a variety of UX team leadership activities.
The UX Research Manager 1 position will be located in Huntsville, AL.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Engineering, Psychology, or related user research field with a minimum of 5 years related technical experience required.
- Active of ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance required.
- At least 5 years of experience working in the field of user experience, human-computer interaction or user researc
- Experience leading user research efforts across projects.
- Experience collecting qualitative and quantitative metrics across a variety of projects.
- Ability to manage team members’ performance, goals and tasks.
- Ability to schedule and manage resources.
- Masters or PhD in Human Computer Interaction.
- Experience managing UX projects in commercial, defense or government domains.
- Experience managing UX projects in a variety of software development environments.
- Experience with all aspects of the user experience process.
- Ability to teach research methods, prototyping, and other aspects of UX.
- Deep understanding of how UX affects business strategy.
- Ability to grow team members into future leaders and specialists.
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.