Senior Freelance UX Designer for NYC Interactive Nonprofit Firm -- MSDS
MSDS is a boutique branding and interactive agency that specializes in high-end user experiences for nonprofits, universities and education. Since 2000, we’ve dedicated ourselves to advancing the missions of cause-driven organizations who make the world a better place. We’ve a highly collaborative studio that emphasizes teamwork, strategic and creative thinking, and a commitment to creating superior work that helps move the world in a better direction.
We’re looking for a UX designer who knows how to conduct research, engage clients, and apply insights gained. You’ve got to know how to ask the right questions, interpret a brand’s goals and strategy, structure a website around things like issue areas, programs, research, and impact stories, and develop content-centric wireframes that inform a high-impact, strongly branded user experience.
- 5 years minimum interactive design experience
- B.A. or higher in related field
- Superior grasp of information architecture concepts and methods
- Demonstrated experience conducting UX research & analysis
- Demonstrated experience creating high-fidelity UX wireframes
- Understanding of responsive design principles
- Fluent with InDesign, Balsamiq or similar UX tools.
- Experience with nonprofits or academic institutions a huge plus
- Resume with a cover letter about what interests you in working with us
- Hourly/Daily/Project Based rates
- Must be available to work in our NYC office