UX Designer -- MarketInvoice
Since launching in February 2011, MarketInvoice.com has grown rapidly, channelling over £160 million to over 500 SMEs through thousands of transactions, with funds being sourced from over 150 professional and institutional investors. The company has been praised by the press as a disruptor of traditional bank finance, and has won multiple awards, including the City A.M. “Innovation of the Year” 2012 prize.
MarketInvoice offers an online platform where small businesses can apply to access working capital tied up in their long-dated invoices from large end customers. Capital is sourced from a wide range of high net worth individuals, family offices, private money managers as well as a dedicated Government funding line of £40 million per year.
Our mission at MarketInvoice is to modernise the way in which SMEs finance their working capital and fund their growth. We are seeking to bring much-needed innovation to the banking industry in much the same way that online retailers disrupted the high street.
Based in central London, you will be joining a young, multi-talented fast-growing team passionate about using technology to help businesses access funding and change the world of bank finance.
We are looking for a User Experience Designer with strong digital credentials to work on our platform site, table and mobile projects. You will work to create a seamless experience for our customers.
As a key member of the UX team, you will be using your experience and talents in collaborative, agile projects to deliver great experiences across mobile, table and desktop. Working on core platform projects you will have exposure to the full breadth of the business to deliver solutions on a cutting edge technology infrastructure.
This key role within the UX team is about making a difference to the MarketInvoice product proposition. You will:
- Work collaboratively with Designers, Developers and Business Analysts to develop user experience solutions in an agile project delivery.
- Solve complex problems by applying methodical thinking, logic and pragmatism.
- Champion new ideas to stakeholders in the business.
- Develop eCommerce experiences across different devices, from mobile up to desktop, and including apps.
- Use validation and testing tools such as User research, MVT and profiling.
- Use tools such as Axure, Omnigraffle and the Adobe Creative Suite to provide expertly crafted UX documentation of wireframes/prototypes and designs.
- Stay current with core web development trends, capabilities, and limitations.
- Experience working in an agile or iterative process
- Deep understanding of best practice UX approaches, and the ability to manage and articulate the entire process confidently.
- Worked within cross-functional teams effectively in everyday tasks
- Someone who puts rigour into everything you touch to ensure it is comprehensive, with detailed user requirements gathering.
- Demonstrable experience in using tool such as Axure, Omnigraffle, Balsamiq and the Adobe Creative Suite.
- A solid academic background in product design, graphic design or related creative field. Human computer interaction or Arts degree a bonus.
- Willingness to go beyond the call of duty to get the job done
All applications would need to be accompanied by a portfolio to showcase work, this can be provided in any form.