UI/UX Designer -- Lucid
Lucid is seeking a savvy UI/UX Designer to work on the first operating system for buildings: BuildingOS. This is a challenging, unique, and world-changing opportunity for an accomplished designer or front-end developer that lives and breathes HTML/CSS/JS to construct new interfaces and user experiences that will redefine how people interact with buildings, from managing energy use to automating building systems and devices.
Reporting to the Chief Design Officer, this position requires strong design expertise, experience with production-standard HTML and CSS, exemplary communication skills, interest in building technology and sustainability, and a good sense of humor.
Roles & Responsibilities:
You'll be tasked with understanding use cases, exploring innovative UI solutions, and identifying usability problems. Throughout the design process you'll create and communicate UX flows, develop HTML mockups, and contribute to spec writing. Working closely with the senior Product team, you'll design clean, modern, pixel-perfect, production-grade HTML and CSS interfaces across different browsers and devices using the latest responsive methods and applying behavioral science principles. Both before and after production, you'll participate in user testing sessions and seek feedback from Product.
Lucid is looking for someone who not only will produce amazing designs, but also wants to take a lead role in design and truly push the envelope of what is possible. As with all roles at Lucid, you'll also learn from an experienced (and fun) team that is making waves in the industry.
- Minimum of 4 years UI/UX design experience
- Keen eye for elegant design, and the creative skills to execute your ideas
- Master of front-end technologies: HTML5 and CSS3
- Broad understanding of the technical fundamentals of the web, industry best practices, responsive design, and data-driven visualizations
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience using compiled CSS (i.e., SCSS, SASS, LESS)
- Experience using D3 or other visualization libraries
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite or similar design tools
- Experience using Web Template Engines (specifically Django and Jinja)
- Experience working as part of an Agile software development team
Other Qualities We Value:
- Self-starter who thrives on feedback and pursues rapid iterations
- Loves whiteboards, paper wireframes, and HTML mockups
- Fluency in the latest trends, techniques, and user-centered approaches
- A passion for technology and the environment
- Team player and fun to work alongside
Compensation & Perks:
- Competitive compensation package including excellent medical, dental, vision, and life insurance and stock options
- Healthy, productive, world-class work environment
- Easily accessible by BART
- Start off with 15 vacation days
- Company retreats and parties with your colleagues
- Your resume
- Examples of your work, including links to live sites that you’ve worked on, a repo, or a portfolio
We look forward to reviewing your resume and inviting you for an in-person interview! The position will remain opened until filled.
Lucid is transforming the commercial buildings industry with the first operating system for buildings. The profitable 10-year-old company pioneered real-time energy and water use information on the web, serving customers from K-12 schools to Fortune 500 companies who manage thousands of buildings with $500 million in annual energy bills. Our world-class team of engineers, artists, and business experts aspire to bring modern energy management software to every commercial building in the world.
Lucid is growing rapidly and looking for talented individuals. The position is located in our beautiful, conveniently located office in sunny Oakland, California. www.luciddesigngroup.com