Be sure to say you found this job on UXmag
About Us Hachis a world leader in the manufacture and distribution of analytical instruments, test kits and reagents for testing the quality of water, aqueous solutions and air. Our products are designed specifically for quality, accuracy, and simplicity. Strengthened by our sister companies in the environmental industry worldwide, our goal for the future is to continue to provide customers with reliable instrumentation, accurately prepared reagents, proven methods, simplified procedures and outstanding technical support. We offer an environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused, and growth-oriented. Working at Hach will provide you the opportunity for robust career development. OUR MISSION:Ensure water quality for people around the world. OUR VISION:We make water analysis better – faster, simpler, greener and more informative – via unsurpassed customer partnerships, the most knowledgeable experts, and reliable, easy-to-use products Description Position Summary:
Success in the UX User Research role requires the ability to plan, design, facilitate, analyze and report product usability throughout our development process to provide the user insight needed for product definition and design. The primary focus of this role is onusability testing.We are looking for a candidate that thrives in a collaborative, user-centered and data driven environment.
- Act as an independent voice of the user during all phases of a development project
- Plan, design and conduct usability testing sessions to support the design and development of water analysis products and solutions
- Quickly and effectively collect, analyze and communicate usability data to product owners, engineers, developers and the UX team
- Provide Usability heuristic evaluations on UI design solutions
- Create, maintain and report usability metrics across multiple projects and products
- Work with usability agencies and maintain day-to-day activities to make sure schedules and key deliverables are met
- Participate in a kaizen culture for continuous improvement and collective thinking
- Build and maintain relationships with key users and customers to provide user-focused insights throughout the design process
- Schedule and facilitate onsite and remote usability tests in our In-House Usability Lab
- Create templates and training materials to train development team members to support usability testing sessions
Qualifications Education, Background and Skill Requirements
- 3 or more years of experience with User-centered Usability Testing Practices
- Facilitation experience with examples of techniques and portfolio that includes examples of business outcomes from research and testing
- Proficiency in qualitative and quantitative data analysis, remote testing, eye tracking, testing mobile interfaces, card sorting, survey evaluation, A/B and multivariate testing, and heuristic evaluations.
- Experience with user interface design patterns and standard User-Centered Design methodologies
- Experience working in an iterative and collaborative Agile team environment
- Willing to travel domestic and internationally for customer site visits and usability testing
- Working knowledge of usability testing tools such as Morae, Camtasia, and other usability testing software packages
- Detail oriented and organized
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and advocate for our customers
- Experience with statistical analysis is preferred
- Usability video editing experience
- Experience working with remote or distributed teams. Global project development experience is preferred
ENVIRONMENT Physical DemandsThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is constantly required to stand/or sit, squat, turn/twist, reach, use hands to: finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls, and computer keyboards. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb, balance, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk, hear, and smell. The employee must occasionally lift, carry, push or pull up to 20 pounds.Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Work EnvironmentThe work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, vibrations, fumes, odors, dusts, gases, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures and work space restrictions. The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.Employees will be required to wear the proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) which may include: eye, hearing and respiratory protection, protective smock, steel toe shoes, gloves, hard hats, or face shields. Contact lenses may not be allowed in some areas.The duties listed in job descriptions are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.PRE-EMPLOYMENT TESTINGExternal hiring into this position is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check and possible credit history review. Hach is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. The purpose of this description is to assist in ADA compliance and is not intended for other purposes such as collective bargaining, or compensation. Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and industrial solutions. Our globally diverse team of 59,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.5B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 2,000% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
: Research and Development / Scientific
: North America-United States-CO-Loveland