As a UX Designer at Guidewire, you will own the user interfaces of applications built to satisfy the operational needs of the Property & Casualty insurance industry. We're looking for someone who can translate our vision into concepts and then turn those into designs that serve to simplify the complexity of our data management and analytics applications. You will provide visual designs, design alternatives, wireframes, user flows, mockups, and design specifications, and work with our research team to fully understand our users.
The right person will have an extensive online professional portfolio including showing samples and processes. If you think you are a fit, submit your resume today and knock our socks off.
As a Senior UX Designer, you will:
- Generate multiple design concepts and work with the team to incorporate disparate views into a cohesive, awesome whole.
- Take ownership of UI components and ensure consistency and ease of the user experience.
- Collaborate with development, product management, documentation/training, user research, and other UX designers.
- Work across multiple products built on multiple platforms.
We care most about your artistic and technical talent, as well as your critical thinking skills. In addition, prior experience with a majority of the following is desired.
- Data Analysis products
- Data Visualizations (graphs, charts, infographics, etc)
- A proven track record of delivering designs for enterprise web applications (not just consumer web sites)
- Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, InVision, Axure, Balsamiq
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, especially working with remote colleagues
- The ability to multi-task across multiple projects, managing your own time, deadlines, team interactions, and deliverables
- HTML, CSS, and React, although UI coding is not explicitly part of this job
- Agile development
- A thorough knowledge of competitive and cutting-edge UIs on the web today, to assure that our products have an up-to-date style and use best practices
Insurance experience is a plus, but not required.
We have a team of developers to back your work. You get to paint on our canvas. Contact us today if this looks like an exciting opportunity.
Some travel will be required.
This position is in Exton, PA, north of Philadelphia.
One Industry, One Challenge
We aspire to be different – more honest, more dedicated to customers, more committed to quality. As a team, our mission is to provide distinguished consulting and support services to prospects, partners, and customers which result in 100 percent reference-able customers which guides us in all that we do. Guidewire has pursued one mission from its founding as a company in 2001: to be the pre-eminent provider of next-generation core systems — policy, claims, and billing — to the global property-casualty (general) industry. All of our employees understand that we serve only one industry and strive to solve one problem: to enable insurance carriers to migrate completely from legacy systems to a modern core system platform. We have recruited extensively among experts in the industry to ensure that we learn from veterans of insurance system design and implementation. Today, insurance experience is pervasive throughout the Guidewire organization, especially in our Product Management and Implementation Services groups. The company is headquartered in Foster City, California, US with offices in Dublin, London, Paris, Munich, Sydney, Toronto, Tokyo and Hong Kong. Guidewire is owned by its employees and is also publicly traded on the NYSE EURO under the call sign GWRE.
If you'd like to learn more about our unusual work environment, please email your resume.