As a key member of our product team you bring a deep understanding of user-centered design processes that will help drive on our bold product vision to market. As a thought leader on the team, you will also be responsible for mentoring junior members in UCD best practices. You’ll work hand-in-hand with UX researchers/Product Owners to understand your users’ goals; then translate those insights into design flows, wireframes, interactive prototypes, and content strategies across our entire platform. You are a critical, inventive thinker with great design sense, a deep understanding of information architecture, a passion for data-driven decision making, and an ability to communicate your ideas effectively across a cross-functional team. Your experience working on real products that people use every day and you can’t wait to share those talents with us!
What you’ll be doing:
• Providing thought leadership, executional precision, mentorship and process governance for our nascent user-centered design methodology.
• Collaborating with UX Researchers and Product Owners to drive usability research that validates designs, then adroitly adapting those designs to user input even if it means hitting the reset button.
• Quickly iterating on parallel design explorations to arrive at an elegant, simple, yet powerful solution that meets the needs of several vertical target markets.
• Engaging in participatory design activities with customers, to better understand their needs and deliver deeply meaningful experiences.
• Conceptualizing usable, valuable, consistent and intuitive user experiences across platforms by considering market context, industry and competitive trends, customer feedback, site metrics, and usability findings.
• Designing solutions with clear information architecture and hierarchy vision, user interaction model and user flows.
• Performing heuristic evaluations of current platform state to uncover and address architectural inefficiencies.
What you’ll bring along:
• Undergraduate degree in HCI, industrial/product design, or a related discipline.
• At least 6 years of professional experience utilizing quantitative/qualitative data to drive the design and experience of interactive websites and native apps.
• Strength in information architecture, wireframing, interaction design, rapid prototyping, and the restraint to properly iterate in an agile development process.
• Expert level knowledge of user-centered design methodologies with the desire to influence and mentor the team in the value of process-oriented approach to UX.
• Deep understanding of usability heuristics in order to properly apply them across a variety of ecosystem properties.
• Superior communication skills and presentation skills, with an ability to transfer ideas to a diverse audience of executives, product managers, software engineers, salespeople, then constructively integrate feedback.
• Proficiency in modern design software like Sketch, InVision, and Principle
• Thrive in an environment where “what if” is commonplace
• Organized professional capable of managing your time, tasks and activities without daily guidance while coordinating a team through effective delegation
• Love working with people and play well as a member of the team
• Driven to help others – it feeds your soul
Our team members enjoy:
• Compensation and bonus commensurate with experience
• Full suite of benefits including bonus and equity
• 5 coffee shops within walking distance in beautiful downtown Boulder
Goldstone Partners is helping this experienced team of thought leaders find a gifted professional who wants to be part of something big! Please send your resume to us directly at email@example.com. Principals only please. Unfortunately we are unable to support sponsorships at this time.