The UX Architect will:
- Partner with product owners and development in making high level strategic decisions and creating experiences for a B2B ecommerce site and a CMS workstation.
- Identify usability challenges of our product and contribute constructive solutions.
- Present and communicate user feedback, ideas, strategies, and best practices.
- Work closely with internal users of workstation to understand their needs and turn those needs into software.
- Provide help and guidance to internal users of workstation as they create the customer facing experience.
- Plan, coordinate and moderate routine user testing (remote and in-person).
- Communicate solutions through wires/prototypes.
- Contribute to the QA effort for every release.
- Strong visual and linguistic communication skills
- A portfolio of compelling interaction and visual design work
- Experience designing for responsive web
- Capacity to solve big picture problems and see them through production with detailed finesse
- Fluency in visually communicating solutions through storyboards, wireframing, rapid prototyping, and high-fidelity prototypes in Axure
- Ability to clarify big-picture concepts and consider user flow and usability to deliver simple and compelling experiences
- Ability to create succinct copy
- Ability to work in deadline-driven environment and handle multiple conflicting priorities at the same time
- Experience in programming OR visual design is highly desirable
- Experience in B2B eCommerce is a plus.
This role is subject to a high-performance, high-pressure work environment with time-sensitive deliverables that may require work beyond traditional corporate hours.
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.