Fundrise is an alternative investing platform that makes it possible for anyone to invest directly in commercial real estate and target a better, more stable return. We started in 2012 by raising $325,000 online from 175 investors to renovate a retail building in Washington, DC. Since then, we’ve gone on to raise hundreds of millions of dollars from thousands of individuals all over the US and are expanding rapidly.
We’re seeking a talented, passionate designer to play a key role in realizing our vision of a world-class online investing experience. A designer at Fundrise will think critically, ask the right questions, and thoughtfully solve design problems with beautiful, strategic solutions. They will take initiative and work with little supervision, but thrive on communication and constructive critique. Most importantly, they will bring a game-changing design sense to the table, while remaining humble and hungry to grow, learn and improve their craft.
AS A DESIGNER AT FUNDRISE, YOU WILL:
- Take design leadership over visual communications to prospective and existing Fundrise investors.
- Work closely with both the marketing and investor relations teams to conceptualize and build out effective, compelling landing pages, email campaigns, white papers, infographics, investment reports, and other types of communications.
- Work closely with other designers and the front-end engineering team to ensure seamless implementation and quality of finished product.
- Participate in design team meetings, including giving and receiving thoughtful feedback and critique.
- Be a champion of our brand, growing and maintaining our style guide and library of visual assets.
- Represent and elevate Fundrise in the local and greater design community.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Experience. You have 3 or more years of experience creating beautiful and engaging website, web app, or mobile app experiences - as well as expertly crafted print-based marketing materials. Ideally, we want someone who is comfortable with both digital and material design mediums.
- Creativity. You have a diverse portfolio of your work showcasing excellent use of typography, color, imagery, and attention to detail.
- Knowledge. You have at least a Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, digital media or other relevant experience (agency experience is a plus).
- Some hard skills. You have advanced knowledge of modern digital design tools of your choosing (Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, etc.). You also have a basic understanding of various web technologies and best practices, namely HTML and CSS.
- Strong communication abilities. You can effectively communicate your vision and convey complex ideas to a wide audience – including cross-functional teammates.
- Prior experience with the fintech sector.
- Prior experience in an agency setting.