Senior User Experience Designer at Estée Lauder Companies NY -- Estee Lauder Companies
The Digital Technology & Innovation Group (DTIG) is a division within Estée Lauder Companies (ELC) Online tasked with supporting the multi-channel digital needs of the ELC Brand Portfolio.
DTIG seeks a User Experience designer whose work is clean, modern, focused, and inspiring. The ideal candidate has experience working across digital platforms; channels, UI and graphic design, and has a keen interest in innovation and emerging technologies. You’ll work with our producers, designers, and engineering teams to bring our brand stories to life both online and in-store globally. The User Experience Designer will report to the Director, User Experience.
- Research requirements – Work with producers to determine business requirements, articulate user needs, including stakeholder interviews, competitive research, technical feasibility assessments, design explorations.
- Concepting – Concepting ideas that utilize emerging technologies
- Design and documentation: Create user flows, customer journey maps and prototypes, proofs of concepts, and detailed wireframes to the standards of deliverables as set by the Director, User Experience.
- Present scenarios, end-to-end experiences, interactions, and screen designs to producers, brands and other stakeholders (designers and engineers)
- Quality Assurance – Track and monitor progress on development to ensure quality of the user experience.
- Engage collaboratively producers and technical teams, both internally and externally, in order to guide excellence in user experience.
- 4+ years of experience as a professional UX or interaction designer working in cross-platform projects (desktop, mobile, tablet – native or web) with knowledge of HCI, interaction or graphic design.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, collaborative environment is a must.
- Solid knowledge of the social, mobile and web space
- Solid knowledge of user centered design principles that apply to multi-channel/ omni-channel retailing
- Experience conducting user testing and/or user research
- Knowledge of latest responsive design techniques
- Ability to prototype your work in Axure or other prototyping tools
- Working knowledge of InDesign to generate wireframes and related UX documentation
- Excellent organizational and written communication skills