As part of the UX & Service team, you will report to the Digital Director and is based in Milan. Many of our projects are international, including clients in New York, Silicon Valley and Iceland. We are looking for a mid-level UX designer who can eventually grow into a more senior role, ready to lead projects.
You will work on various UX & IoT design projects for clients around the world, harnessing the multidisciplinary expertise of the DGI team, including service designers, industrial designers and creative technologists. Projects include everything from wearable devices to Icelandic resorts; from industry 4.0 to interactive experiences for massive “consumer” events like the Super Bowl.
This role does not start and end with wireframes. Our UX designers play an integral role in the early strategic phases of a project, planning and facilitating client workshops and research activities, as well as following through with technologists and clients to verify implementation. You will join us in working closely together with our clients to solve complicated problems through design thinking and design powered innovation.
You will be working to:
- Create deliverables that show design systems and process like concept maps, site maps, workflows and storyboards.
- Envision and define the big picture, yet still be obsessed with the details that make interfaces part of great experiences.
- Collaborate with designers from the UX & Service team, as well as others in DGI like product designers, graphic designers and technologists.
- Follow the latest trends within service design and share your knowledge and thoughts with colleagues.
- Ability to design interfaces beyond websites, including apps for IoT/connected devices, services or software.
- User Research experience conducting studies using techniques like interviews, usability testing, contextual inquiry, ethnography and cart sorting is a plus.
- At least 3 years of practical, relevant experience with a portfolio that shows us how you design, and document digital user experiences based on qualitative and quantitative insights.
- Experience designing web and mobile applications for different platforms and contexts.
- A degree or formal training in Design or a related field such as interaction design, human-computer interaction, communication design, psychology, computer science or business.
- Knowledge of best practices for user experience design and usability heuristics.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in both English and Italian
- Great presentation skills
- Comfortable working directly with clients
- Wireframing at various levels of fidelity, depending on the needs of each project
- Proficient in prototyping with various software tools like Principle, Proto.io, Invision and of course good, old paper
- UI/Visual design is strongly preferred, motion design experience is a bonus
- Proficient in Sketch, Axure, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
The UX & Service Team at DGI
We are a team of experienced designers, business experts, software developers and hardware makers living on the border between Fog Computing and the Internet of Things. We challenge ourselves and our clients to move past the screen–to live between pixels and atoms. We thrive on the diverse perspectives and expertise of our international team. Above all, we share a love of technology and a ‘here to help’ attitude.
We offer a casual work environment, a fun, friendly team culture and possibilities for professional development. We encourage diversity. Applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation or disability.
How to Apply
Please submit your CV, a motivation letter, and a portfolio. Portfolios can be shared as a website or PDF attachments to email.
We look forward to hearing from you!
About Design Group Italia
About Design Group Italia (DGI) DGI is a multidisciplinary design firm with a 50-year track record: our heritage is to design objects. The UX & Service team brings digital expertise to physical products and services that are connected and smart. We develop ideas through design thinking methodology and design services considering the entire experience both for the end user, as well as other stakeholders. We work closely with our clients to make them feel like part of our team. When we say “multidisciplinary” we really mean it: our team includes everything from lighting experts to psychologists to food designers. We are 60 people representing 15 different nationalities collaborating, inventing and playing in our studios in Milan and New York.