UX Designer -- B&H Photo
The Web Design team builds and maintains the customer-facing, visual interface of the B&H consumer and B2B websites. Projects are received from both Web Channel and Web Operations team. The requirements are established and the project is tuned utilizing the appropriate coding language(s) and design tools for front-end integration to the web browser.
Under direct supervision, the UX Designer implements basic design changes to any B&H webpage using CSS and HTML and ensures compatibility across multiple web browser platforms. The incumbent will also be responsible for banner ad creation and will coordinate minor design changes to the Web channel team.
- Monitor Bugzilla queue to identify and receive web design requests
- Gather requirements for accurate and efficient project resolution
- Coordinate project viability with Web Channel
- Implement design changes using HTML and CSS
- Draft up and create banner ads
- Ensure assignment completion in a timely manner
- Adapt to new and evolving technologies for efficient web design integration
- As assigned by manager
Preferred Education, Experience and Licenses:
- 1-2 years writing in CSS and HTML coding standards
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of CS4 Suite (Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Photoshop)
- High level understanding of dynamic E-Commerce websites
- Understand properties of HTML and CSS
- Resourceful and efficient research skills
- Articulate communicator and analytical thinker
- Professional phone demeanor
- Excellent grammar skills and writing ability
- Detail-oriented and quick thinker
- Knowledge of B&H policies and procedures
About B&H Photo
B&H is world renowned as the place to be for all your photo, video, pro audio and digital imaging needs. In 40 years of existence, B&H has established itself as both a Super Store located in the heart of New York City as well as an on-line resource that caters to photo and video enthusiasts -- professional and amateur alike. Long known as "The Professional Source", consumers worldwide look to B&H for knowledgeable guidance when purchasing cameras and related accessories. Why do our clients like to do business with B&H? Our award-winning customer service department, our sales staff's product knowledge, the largest, most extensive inventory in the industry (more than 300,000 items), our user-friendly website, rapid order fulfillment and prompt delivery are just a few of the reasons. B&H offers competitive salaries, medical benefits, a 401K plan, employee discounts, and equally important, an opportunity to grow within a high-energy company that continues to grow by leaps and bounds.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.