So you want to make apps but you don't know where to start. You stat a few tutorials on the internet but you end up without an app or any knowlege whatsoever.
If you want to make apps you pretty much have to use Xcode, Apple's app making program. But when you download it and take a look it seems really complicated to use. There are tons of books on how to program and use Xcode but none of them are that user friendly.
That's where this course is different! This course show you how to use Xcode while learning another in demand valuable skill: user experience. User experience is one of the toughest jobs to fill in 2012 according to Forbes. With this course you get to learn mobile user experience and Xcode at the same time!
This course shows you the ins and outs of Xcode and contains valuable information on how to get your app idea to developers and the app store as quickly as possible. If you have an app idea and you want to learn an in demand skill this course is for you!
This course is intended for beginners and not professional developers. There is no programming in this course. This is strictly a design and app building course.
Enjoy the course!
Table Of Contents
- Over 155 lectures and 7 hours of content!
- Learn how to use Xcode
- Learn how to design a creative user experience (UX)
- Learn how to make apps
- Learn the secrets of iOS design and production
- Good content but the overall delivery could be improved...Content I found that the course covered off the basics of x-code along with covering the process of app development pretty well. It highlighted the importance of planning and prototyping your app before diving into development and how it will save you time in the long run. Delivery It was this side of the course that I felt let it down a little. The lectures seemed to lack either planning or rehearsing with the lecturer often getting lost in what he was talking about or repeating non-critical points over and over. I felt that the made a number of lectures drag on and took away from the quality of the content. Overall I purchased the course for a lot less than the $500 asking price and would be reluctant to recommend it at the full price. However if you can get it cheaper I think there is definitely some value in the course for beginner app developers.
- This is a good course about XcodeI was very delighted to take this course on Xcode, but I will talk about the good and the bad parts about this course. First of all, I got this course on a deal, and I didn't pay full price. Let's start with the good: the best part about this course is that it shows you how to use Xcode. I was always frustrated with Xcode whenever I tried to start learning it. This course eased me into Xcode very nicely. It was very nice to see a course that only focused on the design aspect, and not just the programming. I found myself creating apps designs just for the fun of it. The course also delivers some wise content on how to maximize your creative process, which I found useful. Overall, I felt it was good to know what you should and shouldn't do when designing apps. Let's talk about the bad parts of this course. It can be a little wordy at times. This means that there are lots of lectures explaining the process of creating apps. I know there is a lot of knowledge you have to have in order to make apps, but in this case, I feel the instructor could make it a little more concise. Another thing, I would have liked to see is a little bit of programming. Having said all of this, the course really does deliver what it says it delivers. With this course, you can learn how to use Xcode, learn to design apps, and learn how to create a great user experience on mobile devices. Yes it can be wordy, yes there is no programming, but at the end of the day, it is a great way for people to learn Xcode, because it is just so hard to use. I recommend this course for anybody interested in designing apps. I can't wait to release my first app!
- Really goodEven if i watched few lectures i am already having great advantages from this course.
- Xcode fundamentals reviewI'm only about 22% into the course. But I have skimmed through all the sections just to get a feel of the content. I will update my rating after I've finished the course. The course teaches basic use of the xcode ide mainly for designing apps for great user experience. The course goes through the different design components thoroughly. John is very clear and thorough. It is not hard to understand and I am able to create my own app. But I have a quite bit of technical experience and wanted a more technical course. I'm still hoping that the course will eventually get me to put more functionality into my app that requires more than just design lectures.
- Good DeliveryI bought this course because I'm interested in making apps and it was on sale for a great price. However I misread the one sentence in the description that said 'this course does not cover code'. So I was a little disappointed about that but at least I'll know how to use Xcode when I learn objective c. The course is delivered really well, nice short videos, clear voice and screenshot. I would recommend this course to someone. However to gain 5 stars I would like to to cover a little code.
- really great course for beginnersThis course is really great for beginners, but a bit talky for intermediate programmers. Still one of the best course
- Room for improvement - and they are neededHaving subscribed to another video tutorial site, my expactations where quite high to this course. The first few chapters looks good, but the further you come in, you realise slowly, that the teacher is often jumping over things, he have forgot to plan prior to making the video, and there by gets caugth out. Often you hear him say "This attribute is... is.. is for.. erm... well, in fact, i just leave as this, i don't tend to use it" In a few videos, the mouse marker is missing, so you are struggling to find out, where is it he is pointing and clicking. A few times, you hear a comment like "ooops..." I don't expect to hear a sentence with that sound in a video course. If it is needed, the video should be recorded again. Other times, it is like, he don't know what to say. In that case, retake the video. A lot of talk is going on about prototyping - and you get the idea, that all the videos is one prototype after each other. They lack of a certain quality - i am so glad, i got the course through a deal on CultOfMac; i would have been so disappointed if I paid $500 for this course. I give only two stars, because the quality of the videos clearly show lack of preparation - and a lot of the overall message is lost that way.
- Covers so muchAmazing course for pretty much everything there is about designing apps on Xcode, except, there is little code. So this is good for someone who knows how to code, or who knows a progammer... Otherwise, 5 stars all the way !
- A course that hits two birds with one stone.So many tech courses out there focus only on the technical. This course was delightful to take because it balanced technical skills with design. I wish there were more courses like this out there. The structure of this course is set up really well because you learn some technical skills and then he talks about why you should be designing the interface a certain way. I recommend this course to anybody who wants to learn Xcode and design at the same time!
- Fantastic coruseI have always wanted to learn Xcode. I wish apple would make it easier to use. Instead, Xcode is this convoluted and difficult to use. After taking this course I know more about Xcode. This course will not make you amazing at Xcode but it will help you design apps. Im not sure if any beginner course can fully teach you how to use Xcode. The teach knows this and it looks like he has a great idea on how to softly wade people into using Xcode. I enjoyed this course and learning how to use Xcode.
- Great CourseI have been following John Bura's courses for a while now. Im not that technical savvy but after these courses I feel much more empowered with technology. What he does is take all of these complicated programs and make them easy to understand.
- I learned a lot about Apple's app building processI went into this course without knowing anything about Xcode or app building. But this course showed me how to design apps. It sure sounds easier than it looks. Thanks to this course I can now use Xcode.
- This course shows you how Xcode works. It is pretty self explanatory. It can be a bit wordy at times but I know way more about Xcode now.
- Fantastic course!
- How long do I have access to the course materials?You can view and review the lecture materials indefinitely, like an on-demand channel.
- What is the refund policy on the course?We like to keep our users happy, so we have a 30-day no questions asked refund policy. Send an email to email@example.com for refund requests.
- Can I take my courses with me wherever I go?Definitely! If you have an internet connection, courses on Udemy are available on any device at any time. If you don't have an internet connection, some instructors also let their students download course lectures. That's up to the instructor though, so make sure you get on their good side!