by Dan Martell
Dan Martell, Co-Founder of Flowtown Introduction to Social Media Marketing
- How to use social to launch, position your messaging and get distribution.
- Foundation: Keywords and Position
- Take a Guess
- Deal in High Volume
- Utilize Tools
Stew Langille, Vice President of Marketing at Mint.com Creating Engaging Content
- Creating content in a variety of mediums - writing blog posts, engaging tweets or video/podcast/etc.
- Content is King
- Talk about the problem, not about your solution
- Engaging blog writing / tweeting
- Writing great headlines
Laura Lippay, Search and Social Marketing Consultant Improving Your Search Rankings With Social Media
- A look into how search and social interact with each other
- Using Search to Own Social
- Control the Discussion
- Feed Traffic Back
- Social Sucess = Search Visibility
- Writing great headlines
Jeff Widman, Founder of Brandglue.com Leveraging Your Audience to Increase Your Reach
- What makes people want to share? How to make your content shareable - technically and psychologically.
- Social Means Sharing
- Make it easy
- Ask at the right time
- Social Proof
- Building Twitter Followers
- Build an Initial List
Jonathan Strauss, Co-Founder of awe.sm Optimizing and Measuring Your Impact
- This section is focused on the metrics and analysis side of social.
- Conversion Metrics
- Simple URL tracking
- Social Conversions
- Word of Click
- Email to share
- What should you track?
Table Of Contents
- Over 6 lectures and 3.5 hours of content!
- Gain traction when starting with nothing
- Set effective social media goals
- Create content that relates to your audience
- Optimize your search visibility with social media.
- Turn all this social buzz into real momentum
- Optimize your content for Facebook
- Measure the effect of your campaigns
- Packed with information. Great for newbies to get oveview, but a person not in the social field will need to hire help. Great information for those in the field. Some tools would be valuable - transcripts, urls, actionalble summaries. These are basically talking heads - (great talking heads), but would like to see some new learning technologies integrated.
- Great overview of all aspects of social media - course suitable for beginners, yet it provides info that will benefit professionals in the social media industryI really liked this course because of the variety of speakers that all have experience in specific niches. I am a student that strives to become a social media marketing guru in the professional world, and I think I learned some really valuable things in this lecture that I can use for my social media class at school, freelancing, and my future. Bravo !
- Almost 2 years oldInstructors do not respond to questions, a lot of information and examples are outdated. There are few interesting strategic ideas so I give it two stars, but there are much better resources out there. The video's are just recorded from a few presentations at some workshop.
- Head start trails on and offHey guys. You did a great job putting this together. I liked the format with video lecture and slide presentation. I thought the first and last lectures were great. However, I felt that the middle was a bit wordy about not much more info. I will also say, having the lectors ask if everyone gets it or if it makes sense in a way they aren't sure makes sense...doesn't make sense. (easier said than done) Be confident and/or rewrite. If these are pitches for future companies to use for entrepreneurs/startups, then where are the company links? Where can I go to dig deeper into these topics...which I didn't really learn too much about. I really did enjoy it, it was a bit wandering in the middle. Thanks for the opportunity.
- Great Course!Great course If you want an overal view on Social Marketing for your Startup!
- Excellent Course - Strategic and Tactical AdviceThis course gives a 30,00 foot overview of social media marketing. If you're working at a startup or any company that is trying to figure out how to leverage social media, then you want to know how the guys at Mint grew their business. You want to learn from Dan Martel about how to listen and understand how your customers are talking about your business. The course provides both strategic advice and tactical guidance. It's a must have for any marketer!
- Awesome Job DanI should start thinking like you dan. Can I get your opinion on a project that I am working on. Link: http://www.1800buisnesscards.com ER
- Awesome classLearned in a single video more implementable ideas than I can manage -- hope to get to all of them over time, but an excellent presentation of marketing tips and tricks for software start-ups.
- Tied togetherThanks for this course. I was aware of a lot of the issues, but this course tied it all together very clearly and the presenters are clearly experts with a depth of knowledge that clarified a lot more for me. Regards, Tim
- So worth it!! Thank you for the knowledge
- How long do I have access to the course materials?You can view and review the lecture materials indefinitely, like an on-demand channel.
- What is the refund policy on the course?We like to keep our users happy, so we have a 30-day no questions asked refund policy. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for refund requests.
- Can I take my courses with me wherever I go?Definitely! If you have an internet connection, courses on Udemy are available on any device at any time. If you don't have an internet connection, some instructors also let their students download course lectures. That's up to the instructor though, so make sure you get on their good side!
Most Popular UX Seminars
Design products that fit your audience & match what they want. Design better products by using personas & scenarios. - Susan Weinschenk
In Part II of this C# course, you'll learn the basics of C# and .Net programming. - Pearson
5 lectures from top founders and CEOs. Get social media training for your business! - Dan Martell
Learn how to make apps for you and your business with out any programming - John Bura
Dominic Orr, CEO of Aruba Networks, describes his experience applying the HP way to a startup environment. Orr speaks ab - Dominic Orr
Expert advice on making 3D models, textures, animations & levels using industry standard software - Jayesh Ranavaya
7 lectures from top founders and CEO's about how to hire for your startup! - Startup University
Learn the art of SEO and Web Marketing. SEO expert shows you the techniques needed to boost your sales - Infinite Skills
Get an overview of the What, Why and How of web and ecommerce user experience design and find out how to learn more. - Dr. Deborah J. Mayhew