What You Will Learn
- How to build functional, full-featured websites that utilize MySQL, PHP and other current web development technologies.
- How to install, configure and modify functional PHP constructs and MySQL databases for the web.
- The basic principles and best practices of PHP and MySQL in a relevant, real world project.
Who Should Take This Course
- Individuals and small business owners interested in creating their own fully featured websites with total control over data management, functionality and visual appearance.
- Web developers and programmers looking to learn a new language and set of standards.
- Anyone who has used basic CMS or templates to create basic websites in the past but want much more control.
- Anyone who has tried to learn PHP or MySQL in the past but found it difficult due to a lack of practical examples.
What People Are Saying
"Have to say I was nervous at first, but the authors explanations were very well laid out and crystal clear. The site is coming together nicely."
"A PHP tutorial that is up to date with current standards...very easy to follow."
"I come from a design background but I wanted to beef up my knowledge of basic code. This was a nice and easy primer, thanks."
Table Of Contents
- Over 126 lectures and 12.5 hours of content!
- I RecommendI have completed about half of this course and I find it is very easy to follow and is very clear and precise. I have tried many courses, and I have learnt more from this course than any other. I recommend this course to anyone wishing to learn PHP and MYSQL.
- Excellent CourseThis course is very well laid out, the instructor is very knowledgeable with the material. I especially like that he is showing you how to debug and find errors as the course progresses.
- Great Course!They cover everything you need to know to create a dynamic user driven website all in one place thanks!
- Thorough lecturesPHP and MySQL are languages that I have been studying at college for about six months now. I got very frustrated with myself because I could not understand the logic of it, I couldn't get my programs to work, and I couldn't debug a thing! Asking the lecturer questions didn't seen to help my progress or understanding at all. Six months this was going on for... In the first seven days of taking this Udemy course, I have a solid understanding of all the basic functions, rules, and things I never even got told at college! I can't believe how much difference it made to my logical thinking just by having Steve Perry as my lecturer. He is thorough on all the basic stuff, introduces and walks you through a lot of advanced stuff, and on top of that, he also mentions things to take into account/tips and tricks to remember... which is very important to me. For someone who knows nothing about these languages, it makes it difficult to ask questions when you aren't certain of what you're asking - it's much simpler for the lecturer to lay everything out on the table and let you pick up what you want! Which is exactly what Steve does in this course (although, in a very organised and structured way, making it very easy to follow). I recommend this course anyone who has limited knowledge (or no knowledge!) about PHP and MySQL but wants to learn more, or even someone who just needs to understand the logical side of programming and ways for them to get their head around the processes/writing easily.
- Good CourseTo start with this course would not load. I had to contact Udemy twice to get an answer, it turned out to be my settings in Internet Explore but I would have appreciated a faster reply. When I did get onto the course I found the content, pace and overall learning experience excellent. I would have liked the course to go into more detail and I think a test at the end of the course would have been a good idea. Overall, well worth the money.
- Would Recommend - 5 StarsThis course is aimed towards the beginner to PHP and MYSQL. I took this course after enrolling in a classroom based course, I really wish that I'd found this course first! I was worried it may be to technical, but I thought for the price I'd give it a try. I need not have worried, I found the pace and content fitted in with my expectations and I leaned a lot. I would love to see more courses on PHP by this instructor
- All Courses Should Be Like ThisThis as to be the best course I've taken so far on Udemy. It's clear, well put together and very easy to follow. As they say "It does what it says on the tin" . You can't fail to learn with this course
- Very Detailed IndeedA very detailed and well designed course. Clearly shows how to accomplish tasks using clear examples. I found the pace of this course excellent and learned far more than I expected. I would highly recommend this course to any one wishing to learn PHP and MySQL
- Very disappointedI have some basic PHP skills, and seen this course dated 6/11/2012 and thought it should be the latest and greatest PHP programming skills. It uses the old mysql and not mysqli or PDO to interact with databases. It dosnt cover escaping data for database or displaying data in browsers. This is not good at all.
- How long do I have access to the course materials?You can view and review the lecture materials indefinitely, like an on-demand channel.
- What is the refund policy on the course?We like to keep our users happy, so we have a 30-day no questions asked refund policy. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for refund requests.
- Can I take my courses with me wherever I go?Definitely! If you have an internet connection, courses on Udemy are available on any device at any time. If you don't have an internet connection, some instructors also let their students download course lectures. That's up to the instructor though, so make sure you get on their good side!