Have you ever tried to code an iPhone app from scratch? Have you spent lots of time learning how to code in multiple different languages only to have your project not compile at the last second? Do you just want your app to be on the app store without the hassle of programming? Have developers quoted you a price tag of several thousand dollars just to make your app.
With this course you can learn how to make an iPhone/iPad app from scratch with absolutely no programming. It sounds too good to be true but yes, you can learn how to make iPhone apps without any programming knowledge.
In this course you will learn how to prototype, design and release apps onto the app store. The best part is that the process is so streamlined you can build a prototype or an app in less than an hour. You will learn then entire process from idea creation to production to release. Along the way you hear creative and technical commentary that is designed to help you avoid the pitfalls of production. While every project has pitfalls, this course will show you how to over come them and release your app.
This is a course that is aimed at beginners who want to make an app for themselves or for somebody else. This course isn't a technical development course. The course mainly focuses on how to get a workable app on the app store. If you want upload an app to the app store you will need to get a developer's account. Also you will need a mac computer. If you do not want to get a developer account, you have to purchase xCode from the mac app store, using the Loin operating system is highly recomended for most current version of Xcode. This course will be using the buzztouch platform. For more infomation you can visit the buzztouch website. Usually, when developing apps the most recent software version is the best to develop with.
This course will take you through a mock client proposal and show you how to make apps for other people. With this course you can start making apps for people and start making money. There is no excuse not to get started.
This course is for
- Beginners who want to make and release apps today
- People who want to release apps and add them to their resume
- People who want to start making money by making apps for other people
- Designers who want to rapid prototype app ideas
- Small businesses who don’t want to hire a developer
This course is not for
- Experienced programmers who know what they are doing. This course is meant for people who don't want to program. Or want an easier starting point than traditional coding courses.
Take this course and you can release your app to the app store!
Table Of Contents
- Over 185 lectures and 10.5 hours of content!
- The developer satisfied the complaint I hadThe developer updated to course to address the updated website as opposed to the outdated site as at first. He responded quickly to the complaint.
- Misleading title and unorganized trainingI only went through 13 lectures which I found to be unorganized. It seems like the instructor needs more instruction on instructing and more training on the platform. One lecture was 5 minutes of the instructor moving a crop box around on the screen, saying "This looks cool...or this looks cool..." Also it seems this only works with a Mac and not Windows.
- John seems rambling and lost in most of the videosI rated this course low and those concerns are listed below but due to John's quick response and opening to address my issues I am raising it up to a 3. Communication is the most important thing and the fact that John cares and accepts the comments by his students. Happy new Years all. John, I used to teach software and I am sorry but if I rambled and made as many mistakes as you have in my classes I would have lasted 3 days. I have no doubt you know how to build apps, but it feels like we are watching your mind just work through issues and not trying to teach the students anything. I went through the BuzzTouch tutorials and learned so much more in so much less time. A BIG issue was the fact that you have to import the BT_Plugins folder into Xcode after you open the initial BT archive or none of this works properly. There were many questions on the issue of changes not updating and your answer was, to restart xcode or maybe the BT servers were down for maintenance. I got this course as part of a software bundle and so don't consider myself as having paid for it, but if I had paid, I would have been asking for a refund. My suggestions: 1. Script out what you want to say. 2. Test each step. 3.Then record and playback. Listen to yourself and perhaps have someone else critique your style. 4. Remove the word basically from your vocabulary. In several videos, I counted it being used over 10 times and these are short videos. 5. A BIG one. Redo your videos. The BT site has stopped the early adopter program and are using Version 2 almost exclusively. There are many things that have changed and for a new person taking your course, it is VERY hard to follow. Also, there are only 3 apps allowed in the free account. This can become troublesome as a free account can no longer delete old apps to be replaced. While things can be removed from inside an app, the file names, etc, can not be totally changed which can lead to confusion. The good parts: 1. You have the topic broken down into nice small easy to follow pieces. 2. You have a pleasant speaking voice, easy to follow. As I said, I have no doubt you have created apps and know how, but as a instructor, I have to give you a F. Feel free to contact me if you'd care to discuss my review or your course. Thank you
- Great !How great it is !. High recommend !
- Don't buy this, it's an advertisementIf you want to learn how to make an app with the teacher's software (additional charge), go ahead. Otherwise, this is a waste of time and money.
- Unfortunately misleadingThis really is a misleading course. the price suggested it was a serious affair. It might serve as a gimmick to show off in front your friends, however it does not teach aynthing of serious value to the aspiring programmer. Makes me sad.
- Interesting courseInteresting course, but some of the video quality is not very good, audio does not match video, and sometimes audio cuts while video is still running.
- Not worth its priceVery slow, poorly framed, sloppy, somewhat disorganized and fragmented. Bura sometimes gives the impression he doesn't know what he's doing! In addition, this video course is not up to date. Comes across as not being a very professional video course production. This is the kind of video tutorial you may find on YouTube but not on Lynda.com.
- coursethis is a great course, however I find it a little slow for me. but everything is explained as clear as it possibly could be. I can't wait to build my first app!
- straightforward instructionCustomized content for the layman helped to stoke my inner renegade wanna-be-genius of design and invention. Do appreciate the full suite of tools in wide open index- makes short work for construction and deployment of apps. And now the app world is my oyster- cheers!
- Great course!This course delivers exactly what it says: the ability to build apps in an hour. I was surprised to see how easy it is to actually do this. The course uses a web based platform to make the apps and the platform is really well built. The best part is that you can upload these apps to the app store if you want. The course does show you how to do this and it goes over all of the potential holes that you might fall into. I really enjoy this course. It feels good to actually make an app and possibly release it on the app store.
- How long do I have access to the course materials?You can view and review the lecture materials indefinitely, like an on-demand channel.
- What is the refund policy on the course?We like to keep our users happy, so we have a 30-day no questions asked refund policy. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for refund requests.
- Can I take my courses with me wherever I go?Definitely! If you have an internet connection, courses on Udemy are available on any device at any time. If you don't have an internet connection, some instructors also let their students download course lectures. That's up to the instructor though, so make sure you get on their good side!