A Verifiable Certificate of Completion is presented to all students who undertake this course.
With the surge in smart phones and interactive tablets, the demand for compatible content and apps has never been so high. While most of the attention has centered on native app development, what many don't know is that websites can be designed to run just as seamlessly as apps, with code that makes them compatible and streamlined within iOS and Android devices. In this short, hands-on jQuery mobile tutorial course, you'll learn how to work with one of the web's most flexible standards to quickly create your own mobile-friendly sites. You'll learn how to accommodate multiple formats at the same time as well as how to work with jQuery's ThemeRoller and customized CSS to achieve exactly the look and feel you want in the menus and splash screens that appear on users' devices.
What You Will Learn
- How to create a usable website that can function like an app on iPhones, iPads and Android phones and tablets.
- How to apply custom themes and view settings to improve and streamline the graphical interface of your mobile site.
- How to load external 3rd party content within your mobile site using AJAX standards and splash screens.
Who Should Take This Course
- Anyone with a basic knowledge and interest in web design looking to deliver mobile-friendly content and web apps.
- Anyone with an existing website they would like to optimize for iOS and Android devices.
- Anyone looking to deliver a compelling mobile service or experience without the cost or complications of native app development.
What People Are Saying
"The training is short, but it's just what I needed to get started...Chris keeps it simple but shows a lot of interesting options along the way."
- Tim Vang
"Quick, to the point, perfect for getting my site ready for iPhone users."
- Alex Aguirre
"I was dreading bringing our restaurant's site onto the iPhone but these videos made it easy. Would have done it much sooner if I knew!"
- Jonathan Cherry
Table Of Contents
- Over 21 lectures and 1 hour of content!
- How long do I have access to the course materials?You can view and review the lecture materials indefinitely, like an on-demand channel.
- What is the refund policy on the course?We like to keep our users happy, so we have a 30-day no questions asked refund policy. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for refund requests.
- Can I take my courses with me wherever I go?Definitely! If you have an internet connection, courses on Udemy are available on any device at any time. If you don't have an internet connection, some instructors also let their students download course lectures. That's up to the instructor though, so make sure you get on their good side!