A Verifiable Certificate of Completion is presented to all students who undertake this course.
In Java for Beginners, expert author and professor Mike McMillan starts you along the path to enlightenment with Java. You'll learn the basic concepts, tools and functions that you will need to build fully functional programs with the popular programming language, Java. Java is the base for all object-oriented programming langauges.
Starting with the download and installation of the JDK (Java Development Kit), this video tutorial will teach you the different types of variables (bool, int, etc), what an operator is and how to use it (+,-,%,etc). You will learn about object-oriented programming, and creating classes and objects. You will control your programs with different types of control loops such as while and for, as well as making decisions with if-else statements. Each chapter is capped of with exercises so you can put in to practical use, what you learn in each section.
By the completion of this instructional video course, you will have the base knowledge that you need to create functional and useful Java programs. This video tutorial comes complete with working files and code samples, so you can work alongside the author as he teaches you each concept. See other training courses by InfiniteSkills
Table Of Contents
- Over 115 lectures and 10 hours of content!
- Learn Java Programming from a professional trainer from your own desk.
- 112 lectures (9.75 hours of content) teaching you object-oriented programming, classes, objects, loops, and much more!
- Suitable for beginner programmers and ideal for users who learn faster when shown.
- Visual training method, offering users increased retention and accelerated learning.
- Breaks even the most complex applications down into simplistic steps.
- Just, wow.I actually REALLY enjoy this, I'm enjoying how much fun it is to learn Java with this guy as my instructor, he's funny, interesting to listen to, and goes over the mistakes he makes so that I'm able to learn not only from my own mistakes but his as well. That is wonderful.
- ExcellentI am about halfway through the course and I have found it to be an excellent source of instruction in Java. Professor McMillin has a very good teaching style. I appreciate how he leaves his mistakes in the lessons, nice to know everyone makes mistakes and the process of fixing them is invaluable!
- Good courseReally good course, recommended, I like the way how to the lecturer include mistakes he make, build your skills and knowledge from nothing to be able to start using your java from mobile, web etc.
- A brand new understanding of java.Before I took this course Programing in general was like french. I am only half way through this course and I have a brand new understanding. Each lecture is detailed and it is all very easy to understand. I can't wait until I start making my own programs. Thanks for and excellent job
- Java for BeginnersExcellant course!! Instructor has a deep knowledge of the language and compiler. This is especially helpful when deciphering application behavior. Highly recommended..
- HelpfulThis course makes it easy and fun for me to understan the java programming language!
- Excellent Course - better than a classroom courseI've been through 46 lectures so far, and wish all my college and graduate courses had been offered in this format (and taught by Mike McMillan!). He dives into the meat of the topic, no long-winded digressions, no classroom diversions. I can pause to take extensive notes, replay if I want hear what he said again, and revisit any lecture any time. I love that Mike doesn't edit out his mistakes, but instead shows us the common gotchas that even experienced programmers like him run into. I also love that he uses the cmd prompt to compile and run the program. (I first tried to learn java using a book and NetBeans, and subsequently never fully grasped the basic java environment). Excellent, excellent course, worth every penny.
- Java for BeginnersThis course is very good for people who have basics in computer language and wants to enter into JAVA world !!!!
- Good, solid beginner classJava For Beginners is quite good. As with many things you will get out of it what you put into it. The instructor is clear and gives some solid, practical examples and even provides some alternatives with explanations of why or why not to use that approach. There are a couple of nice things to note. 1) The instructor shows all of his code using nothing more than Notepad on Windows Vista. This shows that Java doesn't require any fancy IDE. This effectively makes the lessons accessible to anybody with a text editor and maybe an abacus. 2) The instructor makes the occasional mistake and openly discusses the error. This is GOLD. Debugging something is essential and watching an experienced developer slog though it is exactly the kind of thing a new programmer needs to see. I believe that you will get the most out of the lessons by watching the videos and actually coding, pausing the video as needed. You'll make the same errors as the instructor and see the same solutions. There is great value there. I followed the lessons on a Linux system using the Eclipse IDE. This was admittedly kind of a shortcut, but I've been to this particular rodeo before – that and I really like autocomplete and auto-indentation when it is available. One thing I would have liked would have been reading and writing binary data and XML to files. Even if it was simple data this would have been greatly useful, although perhaps a bit much for a beginning class. Responses to student questions was very slow, and sometimes there was no response at all. I would have liked to have seen more interaction between the students, but that isn't a reflection on the course itself. If more classes are offered I will almost certainly attend.
- I have gone through about 10 Chapters at the moment and I only have good things to say about this course. The videos are easy to follow and the instructor is professional and knowledgeable. I wish I had access to such resources when I first started programming!
- Great Beginner Course!This course is definitely useful for beginners. Without any prior extensive knowledge of computer languages, you can easily learn how to begin programming in Java. It walks you through everything and is much easier to learn than using simple books or online written guides. Definitely recommend it!
- How long do I have access to the course materials?You can view and review the lecture materials indefinitely, like an on-demand channel.
- What is the refund policy on the course?We like to keep our users happy, so we have a 30-day no questions asked refund policy. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for refund requests.
- Can I take my courses with me wherever I go?Definitely! If you have an internet connection, courses on Udemy are available on any device at any time. If you don't have an internet connection, some instructors also let their students download course lectures. That's up to the instructor though, so make sure you get on their good side!