This free, 30-minute course provides an overview of the key elements of the design of a web user interface that will impact the user experience: usability, persuasion and graphic design. It illustrates these elements with concrete examples from real websites.
The course also explains why and how the quality of the user experience will directly impact the bottom-line of eCommerce web sites.
The course provides an introduction to a track of related courses being developed by The Online User eXperience Institute (OUXI) aimed at the small web business owner and other web designers and developers with little or no prior training in web user experience design.
The concepts taught in this course are expanded upon by other courses in this OUXI curriculum track. The small fee you invest in these other courses could pay off in thousands of dollars in increased revenues from your ecommerce web site. This course explains how.
The mission of OUXI is to provide:
- A broad and comprehensive curriculum of training in designing for the User eXperience
- Consisting of engaging and interactive multimedia courses
- Taught by a consortium of top experts in industry and academia
- Affordable and available
- To anyone, any time, anywhere in the world
- Via the World Wide Web
The Institute will thus serve as a universal portal to the current collective knowledge in the field of designing for the User eXperience.
We have a long term plan for developing the curriculum, laid out on the Course List page on the OUXI website, and are soliciting votes from you, our potential students, to help decide which courses to develop first.
Table Of Contents
- Over 10 lectures and 27 mins of content!
- Understand the key elements of the design of a website user interface that will impact the User eXperience: usability, persuasion and graphic design
- Understand why and how the quality of the User eXperience will directly impact the bottom-line of eCommerce websites
- Acquire an overview of User eXperience that will provide context for other courses that provide more depth in certain topics
- How long do I have access to the course materials?You can view and review the lecture materials indefinitely, like an on-demand channel.
- Can I take my courses with me wherever I go?Definitely! If you have an internet connection, courses on Udemy are available on any device at any time. If you don't have an internet connection, some instructors also let their students download course lectures. That's up to the instructor though, so make sure you get on their good side!