This free, 30-minute course provides an overview of the key elements of the design of a web user interface that will impact the user experience: usability, persuasion and graphic design. It illustrates these elements with concrete examples from real websites.
The course also explains why and how the quality of the user experience will directly impact the bottom-line of eCommerce web sites.
The course provides an introduction to a track of related courses being developed by The Online User eXperience Institute (OUXI) aimed at the small web business owner and other web designers and developers with little or no prior training in web user experience design.
The concepts taught in this course are expanded upon by other courses in this OUXI curriculum track. The small fee you invest in these other courses could pay off in thousands of dollars in increased revenues from your ecommerce web site. This course explains how.
The mission of OUXI is to provide:A broad and comprehensive curriculum of training in designing for the User eXperience Consisting of engaging and interactive multimedia courses Taught by a consortium of top experts in industry and academia Affordable and available To anyone, any time, anywhere in the world Via the World Wide Web
The Institute will thus serve as a universal portal to the current collective knowledge in the field of designing for the User eXperience.
We have a long term plan for developing the curriculum, laid out on the Course List page on the OUXI website, and are soliciting votes from you, our potential students, to help decide which courses to develop first.
The Institute will also provide a Bookstore, and a portal to other respected professional resources via the Institute Library.
Table Of Contents
- Over 12 lectures and 32 mins of content!
- Understand the key elements of the design of a website user interface that will impact the User eXperience: usability, persuasion and graphic design
- Understand why and how the quality of the User eXperience will directly impact the bottom-line of eCommerce websites
- Acquire an overview of User eXperience that will provide context for other courses that provide more depth in certain topics
- GreatThank you for share this rich material to build a googd UX
- The introductory video set the toneThis 'course' is primarily a sales video for the paid courses, but even so there are some valuable concepts brought to light for the lay person getting ready to venture into the web and complicated principles are explained clearly and with similes that are easily grasped by non designers. It would be great to have a new introductory video made that used a pro level mike. The ocean noise factor is very distracting.
- Very good introduction to Web and eCommerce UIVery easy to understand, practical the combination of powerpoint and video make it interested. Thank you for your time.
- A great intro to UX design!As someone who is new to UX design and keen to learn more about it, Deborah's course is an informative and suitably detailed introduction!
- Clear and conciseGets the right message and amount of information across in a clear and concise way. Provides the right dose of promotion for the author while giving value in return.
- Thank Dr DeborahThe lessons was great.
- Broad overview of UXThis introductory session underlined the importance of UX in a very simple and straightforward real examples. So, Thanks for that.
- Very good basicsThe instructor is very good and the class give nice examples of websites. Loved it!
- Great Into To UXAs someone who is new to UX but familiar with purchasing online I found this course very useful in introducing the what, why and how of User eXperience. I particularly like the house metaphor to help convey the design process for UX development.
- Not a bad intro to UX but could benefit from it's own advice.My only criticism is that the course looks like it was home made, and it may have been. When you talk about persuasiveness and design in your lesson, you should back it up in the production of the course.
- Good but not throughIt's good for a novice but I was looking for more thorough information on UX design.
- Good effort.Gives a brief definition of UX and hows it is implemented in a simple and yet efficient.
- Interesting introduction to the subject
- How long do I have access to the course materials?You can view and review the lecture materials indefinitely, like an on-demand channel.
- Can I take my courses with me wherever I go?Definitely! If you have an internet connection, courses on Udemy are available on any device at any time. If you don't have an internet connection, some instructors also let their students download course lectures. That's up to the instructor though, so make sure you get on their good side!