Expert Ruby: a 2nd-level course. If you have already done some Ruby programming, this course will help to take your coding to the next level. It explains some of the more advanced features of Ruby including blocks and procs, threads, regular expressions, exception handling, singletons and metaprogramming. The course is based on Huw Collingbourne’s paperback book, The Book Of Ruby. All the source code is provided in the code archive. You don’t need a copy of The Book Of Ruby in order to follow this course. However, if you decide to buy it you may take advantage of the 30% discount token provided to course subscribers. This course can be used with any editor or IDE and on any operating system that supports Ruby. If you are ready to go beyond the basics and gain a deeper understanding of how Ruby really works, this course is for you.
Note: If you're new to programming, check out Learn Ruby Programming for Beginners (now with over 1,000 students enrolled!).
Table Of Contents
- Over 33 lectures and 10.5 hours of content!
- Encapsulation and data hiding
- Singleton classes and methods
- Exception handling
- Threads and fibers
- Modules and mixins
- File handling
- YAML and Marshal
- Regular Expressions
- How long do I have access to the course materials?You can view and review the lecture materials indefinitely, like an on-demand channel.
- What is the refund policy on the course?We like to keep our users happy, so we have a 30-day no questions asked refund policy. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for refund requests.
- Can I take my courses with me wherever I go?Definitely! If you have an internet connection, courses on Udemy are available on any device at any time. If you don't have an internet connection, some instructors also let their students download course lectures. That's up to the instructor though, so make sure you get on their good side!