Do you believe that great user experience is a competitive advantage, and want to learn how to design your own product? Ever had a great idea for a web or mobile app, but didn’t really know how to start? Or are you wasting a lot of time and money on freelancers that aren’t producing the results you’re expecting?
This step by step course takes you from the idea stage into creating a simple and intuitive user experience blueprint. There is no theory involved, and no use of design jargon. In this course, I demonstrate how I move from the idea stage and through the various steps of designing the user experience, then I provide you with actions to follow at the end of each step. No creative skills needed, and no design tools required. Just a pen and paper or a whiteboard and markers, and you’re all set to go.
By following the simple steps provided in this course, you’ll create your user experience in one week!
Table Of Contents
- Over 22 lectures and 5.5 hours of content!
- How to write user stories that capture the main scenarios of using your application
- How to create a high level map that summarizes the vision behind your idea
- How to create a list of screens and design user flow diagrams
- How to model core entities and attributes of the application
- How to create screen requirements
- How to sketch high level user interfaces
- How to add details and annotations to the UX sketches
- How to sketch and prototype mobile apps
- and much more..
- Well laid out, clear examples, no "filler"I enjoyed the flow of this course and thought that the screen capture of the design process were great. I am completely new to user experience design but was able to catch on quickly. I was able to apply what I learnt here to create a prototype that was presented as part of a business plan at university. I will definitely be watching some of these videos again to improve my skills as we plan on having our app developed!
- Solid, Simple and Useful!Very effective course. The content and methodology are very straight forward and solid. I would recommend this course to anyone who is interested in properly figuring out and putting together their ideas into documents and prototypes needed to take your idea to product. Thank you, this has been very useful to me!
- Very basic and extremely obviousI felt that this course over-promised and under-delivered for the price. There's only about 2.5hrs worth of actual content, with the rest being audio tracks lifted directly from the videos. Poor.
- Great content! (Too pricey?)I enjoyed this course. I was able to watch it within one day, along with completing steps 1 - 3 (of the "7 Steps)... for an upcoming project. Something I appreciated was that there doesn't seem to be much "fluff" (i.e. wordiness, filler content)—lessons are straight to the point. I, also, liked that I could download the course content (videos (.mp4), "cheat sheet" (.pdf), and audio transcripts (.mp3)). Throughout the course a few lightbulbs went off. I really enjoyed his (Apple) Keynote rapid prototyping of an iPhone app, using resources from his site, Keynotopia (http://keynotopia.com/). The course instructor, Amir, seems to "chime in" every now and then for the course discussions and lecture comments; usually, addressing any concerns or requests. (His most recent post was 3 months ago, I believe, as of this writing.) Would I take this course again? Yes. (I think I'll revisit the course content, when needed, in the future.) Would I pay the current, regular asking price of $399? Not sure. The good news is (for now) Udemy has a "30 Day Money Back Guarantee". If this course wasn't all that you hoped it would be... you could take advantage of that policy (http://www.udemy.com/static/faq). More about Amir: http://www.amirkhella.com/ http://www.linkedin.com/in/amirkhella http://twitter.com/amirkhella http://www.facebook.com/amirkhella
- Really enjoyed the course, but little feedback from the creatorLoved the course, very helpful. Would be nice to have a section about information sites. Not all sites have such a variety of users and needs. Nice course and one I have been using to help teach my classes better at Web Courses here in Bangkok Thailand.
- Highly RecommendThe most useful & effective methods I've come across to help you take an idea in your head into something concrete. Will use this for all my future projects. Wish I'd known this sooner.
- 3.5 out of 5In general - very helpful course. It shows the product design process, few tips and tricks, etc. But I think it lacks more *user experience* stuff. I believe author is great ux designer, but I expected him to share more about *why* he does something, *how* he decides to choose one way of doing something against another. Also I was a bit disappointed about author not being active in discussions for this course. He promises to do few minor things in comments, but it seams it doesn't go beyond that. I think this course is useful for those who is not familiar with UX design (like I am), but it isn't worth $100
- Excellent course, exactly what I needed to build UI/UX momentum for my productAwesome course Amir. I cranked through it in less than 2 hours and I'm ready to take my product to the next level. Keep it up!
- GREAT COURSE & A GREAT VALUEThis was a fantastic course & experience - one that I will continue to use and refine. It was more than worth the cost and time invested. Amir explains "the process" in a very simple, clear & concise manner, and had just the right amount of detail. I was so inspired that I scrapped my original MVP design and followed the step by step process. What a HUGE improvement! I now have a REAL product that I am proud of. Amir also makes himself very accessible and is very responsive. HIGHLY RECOMMEND this course and his template products at www.keynotopia.com
- great presentationvery simple and great work ... Keep it up and more mobile , ipad UI advice would be helpful
- Most hands-on tutorials in UX so far!I just went over your entire series and I have to say it definitely gave me the most hands-on lessons than most UX books that are conventionally very theoretical to start with. I had all these ideas in my head, and using Amir's lean methodology, I could clear up my head and put them all down on paper. I love the tools he's also included here. p.s takes a bit of practice but its worth it!
- Great class!!!As other reviewers wrote, this is a superb class! I highly recommend this class especially to someone who does not come from a designer background like myself. But, even for a current UI designer, this course still has alot to offer in my opinion. Amir definitely knows how to teach. This is an action based course. so, after you have completed this course, you can simply follow Amir's guideline to design a great UI.
- Super: Fast and Lean way to Design like a proAmir, great work. You helped me reduce the design cycle time from a 2-3 weeks to 2-3 days. I really enjoyed the course and implemented my own app alongside the slides. I am also a fan of lean methodologies, in which process is king. Thank you, I've saved me so many frustrations and wasted time. Truly valuable.
- Great way to devlop a superior UXReally enjoyed this course and Amirs approach. I have developed several sites with others in the past three years and used to just jump right in to wire-framing. His approach is far more structured and yet remains quick to implement and feels fluid enough not to lose the creative aspects (that are enjoyable too). Definitely will use this approach for my new web based business (soon to be built). Thanks!
- You will get awesomenessThis is my experience so far with the course I just completed the third step. And I realized that this course is guiding me that "what should be the deliverable", there may be many UX Practitioner will disagree with me on the subject of "Deliverable" however I would say that this course is guiding you to the deliverable in the agile environment and trust me if you run this exercise in sessions with your client & stakeholder of the project, then you will get a good gist of what will be the "outcome" of the product. On Step 3, you will get a hint of "Card Sorting", yup Amir's course won't discuss the jargon, but will prepare you with the idea behind Card Sorting, Persona etc. I am also reading the book "Undercover UX" it is an awesome book, however it is talking about tons of stuff that one UX Person can do and how to do it. However if you have that book and then watch the videos by Amir you will get that book ingrained in to you. This course sounds like a "stepping stone" to lay a foundation of UX Practices in your brainy-bits. And then go read that Undercover UX (http://undercoverux.com/) book you will fall in love with UX right away. I will recommend this course to anyone who is just started or "wondering" where to start from. I bought this course for my team and specifically for my Mobile Development Team at www.qurtaba.net. Mudassir @mmudassir
- Great way to dive right inI've spent a lot of time trying to figure out the right process for doing UX for projects. I love that Amir breaks down how simple it is to do what is needed to move the needle forward. This is a great place to start...and also a great primer for those who want to optimize their own process. I have had the Keynotopia templates for some time..but thought I needed to do a lot more to be able to use them effectively. Now I know better...and I plan to do better. Thanks again. -€
- WorthwhileI enjoyed these classes as they were action orientated. Amir makes it look easy, but with his framework I hope to improve the speed at which I can create new prototypes. I would definitely recommend his prototyping mockup tools found at Keynotopia.com. I would have liked to learn more about the principles behind a good UI/UX design though that could then be applied more broadly across web/mobile apps.
- Practical and simple
- How long do I have access to the course materials?You can view and review the lecture materials indefinitely, like an on-demand channel.
- What is the refund policy on the course?We like to keep our users happy, so we have a 30-day no questions asked refund policy. Send an email to email@example.com for refund requests.
- Can I take my courses with me wherever I go?Definitely! If you have an internet connection, courses on Udemy are available on any device at any time. If you don't have an internet connection, some instructors also let their students download course lectures. That's up to the instructor though, so make sure you get on their good side!