This course is for beginners who want to get started writing programs in C++, taught by Jeremy Siek, a professor at the University of Colorado. No prior knowledge of C++ is assumed. The course is based on the excellent textbook Accelerated C++ by Andrew Koenig and Barbara E. Moo. Like the textbook, the course quickly dives into problem solving and making use of the C++ standard library, including strings, vectors, and lists. The emphasis is on teaching you the parts of C++ that you will most likely need in your day-to-day programming. This course is Part 1 of a planned two-part sequence. Part 1 covers the first seven chapters of Accelerated C++, in particular, Chapters 0 through 6. The course consists of six videos of 50-60 minutes each.
Part 2 of the course, forthcoming, will cover the second half of Accelerated C++, including how to write your own classes and generic functions.
Table Of Contents
- Over 7 lectures and 5.5 hours of content!
- C++ in new trendIs really a amazing lecture by Jeremy Siek. This provides complete information about this programing language even though engineers falling behind lots changing platforms in the world Jeremy speaks it as key to all programing languages.
- Excellent C++ Introduction, Moves Fast ThoughVery good for anyone with prior knowledge of programming. A little fast in terms of the complexity advancement as the lectures progressed; otherwise, great lectures! Thank you Dr. Siek!
- Very useful course. Overall grade: 96/100I took this course in order to brush up on my C++ skills, and I learned a lot. It is meant for beginners, but he does offer plenty of extra nuggets with more advanced info. I like that he addresses questions raised by the students present during the lecture, whom are often eager and ask questions that would normally go unanswered. Also it's great to follow along and complete his code exercises during the lectures. Thanks Jeremy!
- amazingI did complete the new boston c++ videos before i started at this course and learned a lot of the basic things there, but in this video course i started realising how good this videoes are when it come to explaing things in a logical way that i throught i know. like how to use variables in a proper way, im not yet dont with this course but so far i will give this course 5 stars. i will also recomend you to buy the book this course are based on.
- How long do I have access to the course materials?You can view and review the lecture materials indefinitely, like an on-demand channel.
- Can I take my courses with me wherever I go?Definitely! If you have an internet connection, courses on Udemy are available on any device at any time. If you don't have an internet connection, some instructors also let their students download course lectures. That's up to the instructor though, so make sure you get on their good side!