"Perl's concise constructs allow you to create (with minimal fuss) some very cool one-up solutions or general tools."
Perl is used to solve problems in a wide spectrum of environments including:server-side web programming bioinformatics systems programming
"Perl is highly portable and readily available!"
Anyone can learn Perl! All you need is:a computer, Learning Perl (6th edition) from O'Reilly, and Perl (you can download it free if you don't have it.
"Perl is optimized for problems which are about 90% working with text and about 10% everything else."
This course covers:Getting Started, Scalar Data, List and Arrays, Subroutines, Input and Output, and Hashes
You can continue on with Regular Expressions in the Perl Regex course once you've mastered these topics.
Table Of Contents
- Over 65 lectures and 5 hours of content!
- Some of the lessons don't work, others continue even if you go to the next lesson.Some of the lessons don't work, others continue even if you go to the next lesson.
- Great for beginning Perl users.Course is great..... but access to some of the content is sporadic. It failed to play for many weeks, and then it worked again!
- How long do I have access to the course materials?You can view and review the lecture materials indefinitely, like an on-demand channel.
- What is the refund policy on the course?We like to keep our users happy, so we have a 30-day no questions asked refund policy. Send an email to email@example.com for refund requests.
- Can I take my courses with me wherever I go?Definitely! If you have an internet connection, courses on Udemy are available on any device at any time. If you don't have an internet connection, some instructors also let their students download course lectures. That's up to the instructor though, so make sure you get on their good side!