Sr. User Experience Design Manager -- Zappos.com Inc.
Are you a passionate leader that inspires team members through innovation, creativity, and action? Do you want to build a world-class UX team at a market leader in e-commerce, customer service, and employee satisfaction? We're looking for a user experience design leader to continue to raise the customer experience bar at one of the most customer centric companies on the planet. As manager of user experience design, you will lead a team of interaction designers, visual designers, and user researchers with the goal of delivering happiness to our customers. This senior leader reports to the director of product & CX with the responsibility for defining the user experience for the Zappos Family of brands including both Zappos.com and 6PM.com.
About The Gig
- Hire, retain, and mentor a team of interaction designers and visual designers to create WOW experiences across multiple devices and platforms
- Provide leadership for the user research function to derive valuable customer insights and to execute usability studies
- Establish design principles and techniques that enable agile product development
- Put the customer first and lead creative and holistic thinking across the product organization to improve the experience
- Monitor the customer experience and interactions across the Zappos Family of brands and ensure that designs engage customers at a deep and emotional level
- Influence and contribute to strategic product planning
- Work collaboratively with engineering to improve how we deliver products
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders throughout the organization
- Passion for user experience and a multidisciplinary approach for user-centered design
- An energetic and inspirational leader that creates a positive work environment where teams and team members flourish
- An awesome communicator that can articulate product vision and design concepts for general consumption
- Ability to hire and develop great personnel to continue to raise the bar
- A strong portfolio of work samples showcasing creativity, thoughtfulness, and simplicity in interaction and visual design
- Broad experience designing web and mobile applications with a bias for action and learning
- A data driven approach to inform design decisions and product roadmaps
- Five or more years of UX design for the web and mobile in a leadership position
- BA/BS degree (in lieu of degree, four years of relevant work experience)
Zappos IP, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and drug-free workplace.